Struggles!

Hello everyone my name is Lucas I am a drug addict alcoholic I have a little over 4 months no mind altering substances super proud of myself I am trying hard to get my son’s back it’s been a rough ride I want to be the man I know i can be for them and I hate the fact that my past is such a haunting thing for me I feel like self medication has been a part of me for so long when shit gets tough my mind attempts to justify my actions yet I know if I take that drink or that drug I am no longer a good person and sometimes I feel like I am alone and it’s just me and my demons and I feel weak I don’t really know what I am seeking writing this but it helps getting it out so thanks for y’alls time and God bless

6 Likes

You know working the twelve steps can help free you from your past bad actions

1 Like

Hey! Welcome glad your here. I saw your kids pic on your profile, they are adorable. My DOC was alchohol, benzos, and opioids. Today is 58 days sober for me. Great job on 4 months and good luck on your recovery.

1 Like

I have been trying to find a good meeting spot and I really am having a hard time with that

Thank you very much and congratulations on day 58

There’s an AA meeting on everyday at rockpoint church in flowermound :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well my man, you’re doing the right thing by reaching out. A problem shared is a problem halved, and walking in that dangerous neighborhood alone (our minds) can take us to a dark place pretty quick.

You’re working on getting your kids back? Is this a court situation? My kids were placed in foster care for 7 months when I got sober, and it was one of the most difficult things to endure. 2 hour monitored visits a week, with little contact otherwise. Brightside though, it helped, a lot. We had to do IOP and take drug tests and such, it made it easier to focus on us, and get ourselves in a position to be able to adequately parent without the need of booze or weed.

Keep reaching out, you’re not alone, many of us have been in your shoes.

Aside from the IOP, I was mandated to have therapy sessions and they helped as well because like most drunks I had some baggage, I chose to go to AA and that was perhaps the greatest move I made. It helped me release that shame and guilt, gave me a blueprint to move forward and grow in life and there were a bunch of old timers who proved it worked and enjoyed life.

Keep trudging bud.

3 Likes