Struggling 11/2 days no alcohol

Had a stressful day now I have a strong urge to drink :rage::rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

Hi Vince, do you have a list somewhere of the reasons you donā€™t want to drink anymore? Could you create one right now? Even on this thread would work. Just start writing out all those reasons good and bad you want to be sober. Donā€™t forget the goodā€¦ Because there are a million good reasons to be soberā€¦

On the other end, most people canā€™t find any good reasons for drinkingā€¦

9 Likes

You had a stressful day. Itā€™s over now. Donā€™t bring it home and rain on your own parade.

Get out for a walk, put some tunes in the ears and think of all the things youā€™re grateful for.

If you run to your ā€œcomfortā€ every time you hit a bump in the road, youā€™ll never progress to where you want to be. Comfort is the enemy of progress. Get comfortable in being uncomfortable man, thatā€™s where all the growth happens

6 Likes

Great advice I am going to right ten down & then list them here :muscle:t5::muscle:t5::muscle:t5:

3 Likes

Thanx I really appreciate advice about go swimming since itā€™s hot out :muscle:t5::100:

3 Likes

That works. Relax. Itā€™s gonna be alright.

If youā€™re like me, you drink because of stress, sadness, joy, happiness, itā€™s Tuesday. Any old fuckin reason is a good reason to drink

Gonna be a pain in the ass learning how to cope without your go to, but thatā€™s what sobriety takes.

I got sober over 500 days, and it wasnā€™t any fun. I was no fun to be around for over a month. Lifeā€™s so much greener now, I can relax easily. I donā€™t hardly even get wound up, because life is gonna happen and Iā€™ve learned how to live life on lifeā€™s terms.

Keep trudging man, it gets easier, gotta work that sobriety muscle and get it strong.

3 Likes

Youā€™re right, I canā€™t let this beat me and I want. Appreciate you :100:

1. Donā€™t like the hangover
  2. I get upset
  3. Wake up with regrets
  4. Donā€™t think Clearly
  5. Canā€™t remember things
  6. Donā€™t care about what I should care about
  7. Sluggish
  8. Unmotivated
  9. Go into depression
    10.spend less time with my family
17 Likes

Posted the list

1 Like

Great!! Iā€™ve been checking back to see it :slight_smile: thank you for doing that, I need to work on my list again too.

Being sober for me

1. Has given me my whole world back, and more
  2. Has allowed me to rediscover my creative side
  3. Has been the single best gift Iā€™ve ever given myself
  4. Has shown me a world I never knew existed
  5. Has taught me to love myself again
  6. Has taken away hangovers and those are the absolute worst!!
13 Likes

Good listā€¦ that could be mine. Iā€™ll add
11. Not wasting money!

I thought about that, but erased it. Thatā€™s a really good one

Sometimes when I get that strong urge I lie to myself and say tomorrow I will. Then when I wake up I feel so good that I didnā€™t drink that it gives me motivation to keep going. Idk if that is the best way but I use it when Iā€™m desperate. I also have been listening to drug and alcohol addiction podcasts that also helps :wink: you will be glad you didnā€™t. Drinking harms your mind, body and spirit, and you canā€™t love yourself if your harming yourself :heart:

5 Likes

Dont give in Vince. Not giving in will make you that much stronger.

1 Like

I have been watching AlcoholMasteryTv on YouTube it helped today.

2 Likes

ā€œHas taught me to love myself againā€

Any tips on making this one happen?

Great list Vince, you will be so thankful waking up tomorrow without having to worry about any of these. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

I didnā€™t really know how strong I had to be mentally to make it through but I am glad I have this app. U guys are the best on to day two no alcohol :muscle:t5::muscle:t5::muscle:t5::muscle:t5:

4 Likes

Your the best Vince for coming here and putting in the work to make changes! One moment at a time you can do this :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle: Well done on two days, keep them coming.

1 Like

Hey @kellhyatt84, that is a superb way of looking at it. When I started going to AA a couple of years ago that exactly what someone said to me. Today Iā€™m not going to drink. Tomorrow I can do whatever I want. But today Iā€™m sober.
One day at a time.
Welcome to the forum and your future.

4 Likes