Struggling. 2 months

I have made it. Yesterday marked two months since my last drink. But I am struggling really bad today. I know my emotions are not helping, but today I was thinking screw it I am getting a bottle. I dont want to and I dont want to fail just such a nagging feeling. I have come so fat even though it’s just been 2 months. I don’t want to mess up. I just needed to vent to people who have felt the same and that I am not alone. Thank you for listening.

6 Likes

Just remember that the feeling will pass. Push through! You got this!!!

2 Likes

Remember how shitty the post alcohol depression and anxiety was? You don’t want to go back there, you don’t want to start over with day 1. I have had too many day ones in the last couple of years and I’m going to take that asy motivator.

These emotions are temporary. Just feel them and know tomorrow will be different. You will wake up tomorrow and be so happy that you didn’t buy that bottle.
The alternative would be feeling bad now, forgetting that you feel bad for a few hours, BUT feel even worse than you do now tomorrow.

You got this!!! Stay strong. It’s not worth it.

Don’t borrow happiness from tomorrow :upside_down_face::wink:

5 Likes

Hello.
Remember the reason (reasons) why you decided not to drink anymore and think about it. What do you think that you’ll achieve if you give up and get drunk again? Is it going to help you anyhow?

Don’t drink. Exercise instead if you’re not happy with your weight. I also gained some weight after I stopped drinking because I ate tunes of sweets instead :woman_facepalming:t3: But after half of year sober I was ready to work on this too.

You need to put your priorities and targets and go for it! Listen some podcasts or find videos on YouTube. Search “How to quit drinking” or whatever like this. There is a lots of stuff and it helped to me.

We are with you :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

I see so many post where ppl myself included get the wobblys around being a certain amount clean ,I got this and laspsed at nearly 6 months ,this happed BC I allowed the manifestation on thoughts feelings and emotions to grow around using without the help and support I knew I had,I hope this doesn’t have to be your story ,push on thru find that fire in ya belly to keep on going just another day and acknowledge all those uncomfortable thoughts don’t surpress them this is what lead to my lapse I wish you strength and determination :pray:

4 Likes

OHHHHHHHH I LOVE THAT

DONT BORROW HAPPINESS FOR TOMORROW…

never heard that before very powerful.

2 Likes

I believe I got this from Russell Brand and it has always stuck with me. This is what I try to remind myself of and Everytime I have relapsed those words became even more meaningful to me.

Because when i feel like shit then I think, yup… you knew you were borrowing happiness and now you have to deal with it :rofl:

4 Likes

“Drinking is borrowing happiness from tomorrow.” More wisdom from Matt Mullenweg our Russell pinching stuff again lol

4 Likes

Thank you everyone. You have helped so much. Most of the wanting is gone. Thank you again

5 Likes

He may have very well quoted it and I just remember reading it from him :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m feeling for you. I’m in bed at 9pm as my husband has passed me off and I want to get drunk and feel in self pity.
Tomorrow is another day. Let’s do this x

2 Likes

keep re-reading what you wrote until the feeling passes. take yourself on a walk! eat some ice cream! anything to keep your mouth and mind busy.

1 Like

Doing alot better today. Back to normal almost. Thank you everybody. You helped so much.

3 Likes

My choice you are not alone. I am at 5 months today and I still get urges but I know that if I give in all that struggle, all that pain, all the adjustments I have done will go to waste. Vent all you want which helps you and makes you feel better but don’t give in stay strong.

2 Likes

We are indeed… Glad you’re pushing through.
:blush:

1 Like