Struggling a bit

I’m nearly at the one month mark, I’m fully committed and was doing really well. Obviously the first few days were hard because of withdrawals and craving but the seemed to pass, over the last few days the cravings have increased back to what they were in the beginning and I don’t know why! Im staying in so I can avoid temptation in the supermarket but it’s really hard! I just don’t understand but I hope it will pass because I’m doing so well and I don’t want to let myself down! Has this happened to anyone else?! Xx

1 Like

Your body has adept to your not drinking, but your mind isn’t. I was sober for 5 years and in the first year I had periods like you discribe. Sometimes it was because I had a difficult period in life, but sometimes I could not find a reason. And also later on in my sober time I had difficult days, but they pass. They always do! So hang in there! Find yourself distraction, go do something: sport, DIY, phone somebody, surf on the internet, etc.
:facepunch:

1 Like

I was 20 days sober and the cravings and urges came again. They won’t dissapear completely forever. It’s important to remember your right to choose. Remember all your reasons why u quit in the first place.

1 Like