Struggling addiction and grieving

Hello everyone im an addict and struggling in grieving. I recently just lost my husband in october. It is extremely hard to stay sober while i just lost the love of my live my everything. My whole life is gone… I have to start all over… Its so hard… And i want to know how ppl survived something like this bc this week im doing great but i know itll b soon ima go into the dark again and may relapse. Bc i give up. I need to not give up anymore. I need help

3 Likes

Ughh, grief is so hard. Its been surroundong me for some time.
It hits so unexpectedly and it takes so much work but you just have to learn to work with it, not against it.
Grief counseling might be helpful and there are a lot of free resources. There might even be some over the phone counseling during this time of social distancing.
If you need someone to talk to, reach out, i know its hard, and confusing, and ever changing.
Sending so much love to you.

1 Like

I’m so sorry… I can’t give advice on the grieving that you are dealing with. But I hope you have lots of loved ones ,friends and sober friends to help you through this. Don’t give up. One day at a time. Sending prayers to you :pray::heart:

1 Like

Have to take it one day at a time, it may be dark and cloudy, but the sun will return.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the loss of your beloved husband. May you find comfort in the memory of his love.

Drinking won’t fix this or make you feel better. Maybe you can find a support group for people who have lost their spouse. Perhaps talking to people who are going through this kind of grief will help.

2 Likes