Struggling and need help

The past few hours I have been struggling with the urge to use (DOC is meth). I haven’t used in 13 days but since my last relapse my girlfriend and I separated and I haven’t seen her or my son since then. She won’t answer my calls or respond to texts and it is really starting to get to me. I know if I ever want them back in my life I need to stay sober but part of me keeps trying to get me to go out and use. It bothers me that it’s so hard for me to just say no and that I could so easily ruin any chance of getting my family back. So i guess I’m just looking for encouragement and any helpful advice because I really need to stay sober this time around. Thank you in advance.

4 Likes

One day at a time let go and let god. Hand it over. Things happen for a reason. Just for today :heart:

2 Likes

Let me start by saying don’t fucking do it! You are right about one thing, if you use your chances of getting your family back grow slimmer and slimmer. I feel for you man… I picked up the bottle after being sober for a year and a half and damn near lost it all. Wanna know what I learned from that? It ain’t fucking worth it!! All you have to do is not use for one day. Every day you wake up just tell yourself you can get through the day. I wish you the best.

5 Likes

Please don’t; it’s going to make things/you much worse.

1 Like

I have been at this point before and I always end up giving in. What worries me even more is I have all day tomorrow as free time and the potential for me to relapse is dangerously high on those type of days.

2 Likes

I understand that totally. Do you go to meetings? Know anyone that is sober? If you live in an area where there are still meetings I highly suggest you get to one. Get your hand up and let people know your struggling. It’s just not worth it man.

3 Likes

What will worrying about tomorrow achieve, focus on one day at a time, one hour, one minute if you have to. Work the 12 steps, get a sponsor, there’s meetings online there’s an AA meeting marathon taking place 24/7 there upwards of 50 in the room at any given time I’ll bump the post in the main thread if you wanna check it out.

3 Likes

It’s not easy but know deep down Jordan, you have this one shot at life and it’s not meant to be lived like that. Your child will know someday how strong his dad is!:orange_heart:

3 Likes

Can’t underestimate the value of a father. Sometimes my sponsor tells me the most simple shit when I’m struggling like “will using really make anything better”, this is the type of basic stuff I have to learn to grasp when I’m struggling. There’s a saying in AA, the only thing you have to change is everything.

1 Like

Great NA meeting on now lots of Men

1 Like

Welcome Jordan. This forum has lots of great information. I suggest you take some time and read, read and read some more. There’s even some fun threads to get your mind of things. You need to try anything at this point. Like others have said, using is not the answer and will only make things worse. You also have to want this for yourself. Having a mindset to do this to get people back in your life is not going to work. Do it for you!!

2 Likes

Here’s the next meeting starting now

106 people in there now.

I didnt use tonight. I would like to say thank you to everyone that commented. I feel like I’m on an emotional rollercoaster right now.

4 Likes

Please put in the work. Use the tips you’ve got above. It’s hard work but you can do it. Your family is worth fighting for and so does your own health in body and mind. If you type in “meth” above in the search bar you will find loads of treads about your doc.
Hang in there, one day at atime.

3 Likes

Right now you may be thinking you have to do this for your family.
You have to do this for yourself. I know, I know… They are all you are thinking about. 13 days ago you made a choice, maybe because you were forced into it, but a choice was made. How you proceed is strictly up to you, and the decisions you make.
Sobriety is going to have to be a little selfish for awhile while you try to work on some ‘you’ shit, because you did not get where you were without having some underlying stuff going on.
I don’t want this to come out wrong, so please don’t take it that way. The best thing for you right this minute is to be separated from your family so you can start taking care of you, and making a game plan without distractions to get yourself in a better place so you can be the father you need to be.
There are so many online resources you can use. You don’t even need to leave the house to find help! Which is awesome since we can’t leave home anyway :joy:.
Good luck.
Don’t pick up today. All you have to do is not use today.

I understand I need to do this for me. In the past I always wanted to make other people proud I was sober. I see now that I need to be proud of myself in my sobriety. It just hurts not being with them and I miss them so much. I also know if I can stay sober while I am away from them that when we are reunited it will make it easier to continue my sobriety. I will have steps but in place and a support system to help me on the days I am struggling.

1 Like