Struggling Hard Today

Really having a hard time today. Hit my one month mark and today the urge to drink is stronger than ever. My husband works about 16 hours a day now, leaving me home alone with three kids 5 and under and I used to have a few beers to fill the loneliness. He hasn’t been home all week and today it’s really hard to convince myself that I don’t need beer to get through the rest of this dreadful week . Ugh. Just needed to get that out of my head. Thanks for letting me.

8 Likes

I know that feeling very well. I used to find home time was drinking time. In the end I just made sure that I filled my belly with other liquids as much as possible. Tea, sparkling water, kombucha (I know some don’t recommend it but I like it), ANYTHING. If you’re not thirsty you might not think of beer.

2 Likes

Happy to report that I now have a belly full of la croix and my favorite kombucha. Oh and chocolate cake! As much as I romanticize the idea of beer as an escape/relief/reward it’s really never done me any favors. Like ever. :thinking:

8 Likes

Thats really a Concept that needs to change for me too, drinking and drugs are not really a relief or reward but rather something spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally damaging. Of course the years of habit associate fun with being drunk or high but thats just the sickness influencing my mind .

Yes, same. It’s hard work trying to undo years and years of programming. So many lies I’ve come to believe about the stuff and I’m finally able to name them .

I’m not “fun” when I’m drunk, it doesn’t help me relax, it doesn’t “compliment the meal.” And quite frankly it tastes like piss. And that’s the tea.

2 Likes