Struggling help

All this just reminded me that I havn’t taken my daily multi vitamin :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I love your list, really helped me immensely.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I hope you make the meeting! Honestly, making a routine of one meeting a week helped me at first. Now I attend two… It really is a miracle how much AA support groups will encourage you to keep on the path of recovery.

1 Like

I take my multivitamin as soon as I wake everyday! Hahaha

That’s what I was doing but have just started slipping the last week or so :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Ajaye. Wonderful step in the positive direction. I walk alot, color alot, talk to my wife all the time, clean alot, sleep alot, enjoy good good and pray. Staying focused on small blocks of time each day and manage those hrs best I can. Find something that works for you!

1 Like

It’s also common to become deficient in B vitamins due to alcohol abuse, namely thiamine/B1. Intake levels aside, alcohol use can also interfere with your body’s absorption and ability to use thiamine that you do ingest. Magnesium levels can be affected as well.

3 Likes

Thank you for that added, in depth information!

1 Like

How is your night going?

I hope I understand your question. But vitamin B is important for alcoholics because we get a deficit by drinking. Vitamin B is also very important for your nerve system (stress, anxiety, tiredness, etc.). You can’t overdose a vitamin B exept the vitamin B6. So be carefull with that one. If you take vitamin B6 high dosed for a long period you could get neuropatic symptoms in fingers/feet.

1 Like

Thank you for the added details! Can B6 be toxic in large quantities to any of my organs like kidneys or liver?

1 Like

Not that I know of, but I allways advice my customers to use 1 amount of a high dosed product. When the jar is empty I say them to downsize the product. You allways have to be carefull with high doses, also if it look innocent like vitamins.
So you use a high one for 2 months and then take a lower B complex.
Hope you understand what I mean, It’s hard to explain in another language.

P.S. I work in a vitamin healthstore in the Netherlands.

Are there B complex vitamins out there that don’t have niacin in it? I have a terrible reaction to it.

You can have a flush on niacin (B3). There exist niacin without flush (flush is giving you a warm/ heat reaction). I don’t know if there’s a B complex without Niacine.

That’s exactly what I get, burning and itching ears and palms. Thanks for the info!

3 Likes

It isn’t harmfull so don’t worry about it. A lot of people are getting that when they use niacin. It’s called a niacin flush. I had I angry customer in my shop years ago who went to the emergency rooms because of it :thinking:
You can avoid a flush by taking a snack when you take the niacin, ore begin with low amounds and then built it up or use a product with another type of B3. In Dutch that type called nicotinamide
Maybe Goole on how it’s called in your country, because I don’t know. This type do not give a flush.
🙋

2 Likes

Yes"that guy" did and did you read the rest of the message or did you just aromatically judge

"I have tried moderating and I have tried (half hartedly stopping) I am now of the firm decision that getting this out of my life is the only way to progress… I know exactly what too do… Engage in therapy… rejoyn the groups,… and stick to the plan… Much easier said than done!! But you do have people that have your back… It can be done because I have seen it with my own eyes!! You can do this, I and many others believe in you XX

keep moving forward towards a better tomorrow XXX"

1 Like

It’s not about judging @Chris_UK. If you read the forum rules it clearly states members should not post when under the influence, at 18 cans deep I think we can class that as under the influence.
I’m sure @goBlue24 will be just as happy as I am that you are going to put everything in to getting sober .
Keep us posted on how things go m8, I look forward to seeing you flourish and feel free to reach out if and when you need to :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

The rest of your post was actually great and supportive it just didn’t need the first part posting :joy::slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you. I just felt that the point of the comment was that I understand and here is some advice… I don’t feel that the comment needed to be deleted as the content was calm an sound… having it deleted just made me feel undervalued. And I believe the advice was totally sound and not just some drunken incoherent rambling… I’m sure many people here post under the influence… my mistake was being honest about it …

Don’t want to fall out with anyone, I just feel that we shouldn’t discount anyone’s advice as long as it is constructive?? X