Struggling this morning

Good morning… I am struggling this morning and needed somewhere to turn. I’m feeling emotional and alone. I feel like the ones in my life that love me and support me and not listening to me lately. They hear me but don’t really hear me. It’s hard to feel ignored when you are having a tough time…. How does everyone else handle situations like this?? I’m day 10 AF and I will not let myself go backwards.

15 Likes

Ten days AF! Double digits! Now that’s something to be very proud of Connie! Congrats lady. This is an excellent place to find some support where you can’t always find it in your private circle. I don’t know your exact personal circumstances, but people close to you might not quite get what you’re going through. We do though. For me this place has been a safe haven, a place where people just like me get what I’m going through. I’m glad you’re with us and I hope you find some support here too. Keep going. Hugs.

2 Likes

First of all, well done on 10 days! You’re doing it! I can relate to what you’re describing. I know what it’s like to feel alone in the company of my loved ones. Sometimes it helps to communicate how I am feeling as my partner may not see it or understand what I need from him. I might not even know what I need but just expressing the feeling helps it pass. I’m glad you came here to share, too. Sometimes just asking for a hug and saying I’m having a rough day/time can help, too. Hang in there - feelings pass and we are not our thoughts.

3 Likes

Well done on 10 days.
Maybe your loved ones are struggling with something themselves just now.
Awhile ago I felt like you and felt someone wasn’t there for me but they had struggles of their own.
They needed me and I wasn’t there for them.
We talked about it later and realised it’s hard to be there for someone when you are struggling yourself.
Use us here just now. They maybe there again in a few days.

1 Like

Congrats on you 10 days Connie. You’ve come a long way on a really rough road. Good move coming on here and posting your feelings. I’m kind of alone in my sobriety and I turn to TS often for comfort and laughs, (meme thread,) and to escape the loneliness, I look at my favorite threads. Pets and nature. And I find the selfies thread is always fun to look at. And checking in.

Many times when I’m struggling I put my gratitude work into practice. If I’m struggling and thinking about picking up I go right to listing what I’m grateful for when I’m sober. And how easily I can loose it.
Just for today. Don’t drink.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Where are you Connie???

Do you mean where do I live?

I’ve been having a really bad morning this morning as well. I hear you. I’m desperately trying to stay with it. Best of luck to you and I’ll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way as I try to find my own and cultivate them. I’ll only send the best vibes. :green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart:

1 Like

I wish I had this app in the begining! I’m sorry your support system isn’t giving you what you need! Feeling alone is the worst! It’s so hard but when people say take one day at time, hour or min. it does help! I ll have a year tomorrow and don’t feel celebrated by any of my close friends or family. It’s a horrible feeling. I’m celebrating myself and how far I’ve come. I’m proud of you! Every day moving forward in a positive direction is to be celebrated! Breathe. Try to get out of the house! Taking a walk always helps me! You’ve got this! I’m here if you need any support!:hugs:

4 Likes

No. I hadn’t seen you for a few days since you said you were struggling and wondered how you were doing.

All I can say is, “well done!”
Ignore the haters, you’ve got this. 10 days is great.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m here, doing much better. Things have been going pretty well the last few days. Day 29 AF :blush: would love a glass of wine… but I know I would regret it so I’m staying strong.

2 Likes

Hope you’ve managed to stay sober. For me, once I’m over the first month, things get a little bit easier. :blush::blush:

1 Like

I have… things are much better, thank you :blush:

1 Like

Well done! Really happy for you. Keep going. :blush: