Struggling with relationships

Since having been sober I find it very difficult to fit in anywhere or have any normal relationships with friends or dating almost like i am broken so to speak when I tell my story I feel as of ppl get scared what’s “normal” anyways

i’m not sure what kind of story you have to tell but in terms of dating… i would say that if its a bit more crazed i would slowly build on it and not dump a bunch of umm, dramarama, on someone right from the jump. you might need to settle into your sobriety a bit more before you feel comfortable with these relationships/friendships. there are a lot of accepting people out there and i happen to love to dive right into extremely personal convo with strangers because i find those convos the most fulfilling, engaging and entertaining. x

1 Like

I am the same way.

1 Like

True. I appreciate the advice but as far as dating or friendships go I feel when getting to know me my addiction and my demons are a big part of understanding and knowing me I guess I don’t know if that makes sense

2 Likes

It makes sense to me. How long have you been clean/sober :slightly_smiling_face:

A little over 4 months I know it’s not crazy long i went to a game the other day where I was offered some liquor and when I said no thank you i was looked at like some crazy man and I thought to myself if they saw me drink I wonder what they’d think

2 Likes

1000% makes sense. i was referring to like, date #1.

1 Like

That is fair I can see how it can be overwhelming on 1st date lol

1 Like