Stuggling today

My son’s father contacted me…its been 3 years since my son has seen him or spoke to him.

He was contacted by the state about my case. I’m completely irrationally freaking out.

I was mentally already having a rough day with being locked up in this house for almost 3 weeks.

I need a meeting or a nap or cookies or tacos.

7 Likes

Hang in there. Consider it that you are safe at home, not stuck at home.

2 Likes

Aww Randa, I’m sorry you’re having a tough day. Please don’t throw it all away. You’re doing so well. Your journey is very inspirational. You’re fighting every day and it’s all paying off. Hang in there.

3 Likes

I know that must have shaken you up and stirred up so many emotions. I am sorry you are struggling. Is there any way we can help?

2 Likes

yes i also am one who meditation has worked wonders for. highly reccomend it. it works over time so hang in there stay cool do your part. stay strong!!

2 Likes

Not even fucking kidding 5 mins after posting this and 30 mins after hanging up with my sons dad…the ex I just broke up with like 90 days ago…tha is toxic and got me into this situation texted me.

This is like a bad episode of the twilight zone with PTSD

5 Likes

@Jane.c omg you are the best!!!

Thank you everyone…just venting and pushing all that negativity out already helped tremendously.

5 Likes

Maybe turn your phone off for the rest of the night. At this rate, you’ll have more exes texting or calling.:joy: It’s just not a good day for you.

4 Likes

@Lisa07 good thing there is only 1 more ex that can do that and he is a good guy! :wink:

3 Likes

I’m actually on the otherside of the coin. I just recently bumped into my ex while at a children’s place with my other 2 kids. She was there with my son who I haven’t seen in 4 years. She’s using I’m clean. I made amends and exchanged phone numbers. It’s been a very slow go of things. 2 months since we opened dialogue. Still haven’t seen him. I’m being very patient and I only respond when she texts me first. I would really love to have my son in my life and for him to meet his siblings.
I’m not confronting her on using. I’m not confronting her on anything for that matter.
I trust God and I wait for his timing.
Hang in there. Trust your higher power.
Remember that doing nothing is also an action sometimes. Take your time…
God will take care of you.
I’ll keep you in my prayers

1 Like

Ok keep it on then. Maybe he’ll have something nice to say and cheer you up. :joy:

3 Likes

Today is not the day I will have a drink…maybe another day but it wont be today.

6 Likes

With all the problems we have alot of the time its what we tell ourselves about the situation. We catastrophize :grin: its what we do.

Just breathe and it to will pass.

2 Likes

Man, I hate when shit piles up like that and we get all in our heads and freaked out. I am glad you vented here and got such helpful replies. Most especially I am glad you are sober. :heart:

3 Likes

Way to go! You are being so positive! I love this. I hope others read this and get inspiration to do the same.

2 Likes

Thank goodness y’all can’t see the amount of brownies that I just consumed for dinner.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: that was me last night. I ate so many brownies, I thought I was gonna puke.

2 Likes

My bestie made my son’s favorite for him tonight, which is also one of the dinners I like as well (we have been at her house for over a week now and more on than off the 2 weeks before that) and I totally skipped and went straight to the brownies I made for her lastnight.

3 Likes

Brownies are that feel good treat. Who needs dinner when you got brownies?
That’s a nice friend you got there. I bet your son was in heaven.

2 Likes

I’m headed to Walmart for brownies😂
Thanks for the healthy craving. Love me some brownies

3 Likes