Sub b gone

4 days 5 hours Into my sub detox… jumped off .5 mg mostly not as bad as some of the horror stories out there. Still not fun and can’t find motivation or energy

2 Likes

Sounds like you did your taper the proper way. You should start coming out the wd in the next few days. I’ve found that caffeine was good for some temporary relief of the symptoms.

1 Like

I did the best I could… I have a few valium taking T night N I have some adderall to get me moving… it’s hard I’m watching my kids daycare was closed this week so I already had the time off… it’s a challenge to stay positive but it’s happening all the same… gotta stay the course

Are you going to be working any type of program now that you are getting clear headed?

Damn, withdrawing while watching the kids…that’s beast mode right there, good for u! In that situation I completely get the valium/addy combo for the moment, just be careful and drop them when you feel you dont need them if u can (if they aren’t prescribed to you for other reasons I mean) they can be pretty addictive too and if u aren’t vigilant u could end up walking a different path in the same direction the pills and or dope was takin ya, I’ve seen it happen to a lot of people with noble intentions

1 Like

Fair enough adderall is prescribed have a few valium that fell in my lap

1 Like

As far as a program I have done aa n na for a year and half or so last time I got clean clean… it worked for a while but I found it repetitive and the people who had sobriety became very preachy and pompass… like I get it good for you u arnt better than everyone else because u stopped doing something that u shouldn’t be doing neway u don’t get a slow clap for that… drove me crazy

No but we should all feel good when us or anyone gets and stays off drugs. They aren’t better, but they are definitely doing something right. That’s why I go. So I can get their knowledge and use it in my life

I’m not mocking it … it helped me for a while and it helps a lot of people. It just ran it’s course for me last time … gonna play this time by ear

I’d recommend having a plan rather than just seeing it out. Have you considered group or therapy?

I was seeing a LADC but he honestly just didn’t feel right… i had asked him to get me in to see a therapist at his location n he sais he had that license too so i tried a few times with him but it felt like very generic and rehearsed. He just may not have been right. And he was always pushing me to vivatrol which maybe I’ll end up doing but I’m trying to avoid it. I tried calling around to find somewhere back when I started to really push my taper. Finally the last month I went from taking 2 8mg subutex pills a day for the 2 weeks leading up to the last month ( I justified it by saying last hoorah) stupid I know… cause I was down to 2mg of suboxone at the time… but with the help of adderall… I know I know don’t hate me all… got down to. 5 a quarter of a 2 mg strip. I stayed on that .5 dose for almost a month and then jumped. I knew it was coming.

That’s a good taper plan. I just ended vivitrol. I was on it 8 months and it was amazing. It got me through the first 6 months where the cravings are strong. I didn’t even think about shooting up. Plus there’s no withdrawal from it and it can’t get you high, which is good for an addict like me bc I would have abused Suboxone. I have abused Suboxone.

1 Like

My wife found sub in my pocket looking to find my Xmas receipts to see what I bought her early dec. Initially wanted me off immediately but after some convincing and her mom helping told her I needed to do it properly got to a sub doctor started getting down from 8mg to 2 over a few months … then stayed at 2mg for a month n a half then went up for the weeks leading up to my last month then right back to .5 mg for about a month each night I would feel some light w/d but powered through and was still able to sleep till jump day. I knew my 17mo olds daycare was closed second week of July so I scheduled it to take the week off way in advance to give me enough time hopefully. It’s hasn’t been as bad as I worked myself up to believe. I think it really helped getting down to the .5 mg and just riding out that month even though I felt it. Just timed it so I was feeling ok at work and not so much at home. Wife knew what was going on even though she is still super pissed at me for hiding it all and hiding money to boot. However it can be done all it can be done…

1 Like

Im glad someone listens and sees that it is possible to kick it all. Im not much on the adderall as it can lead to its own addiction problems. If it helps then thats fine. Best thing to do is keep hydrated, take a vitamin supplement( i used emergen-c with a cup or two of coffee in the morning.) Dont worry or feel like your getting no where. Its a looong process gettin off opiates or opioids… take some probiotics to help with the loose stools. That and sleep are the two main physical wd that linger the longest.

2 Likes

You almost reach the week. It is difficult to be sober and brings a kind od suffering but as you can see here arround is worth it and you deserve to be sober. Praying for you