Suboxone and Chantix

Anyone??
My Dr has been hesitant about putting me on it. I REALLY want to quit smoking. I picked it up in 2010 when my now ex husband was deployed to Afghanistan and was supposed to be coming home for a 2 week leave but got delayed. I regretted it immediately but I was hooked!!
I’ve managed to quit a few times but always have gone back.
Patches and gum do not work. Cold turkey makes me the monster in your dreams (even I’m scared of myself :sweat_smile::grimacing:).
Does anyone have experience with the 2 combined?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Cole, sorry to hear it’s been so hard for you. Tobacco (nicotine) is a helluva drug; I’ve got friends in recovery from alcohol, tobacco, and sex addiction who tell me the tobacco was pretty hard!

(Edit: I generally find Dr’s are pretty knowledgeable people - what are the risks with these medications? If your Dr is hesitant that’s something to consider; there may be reasons. It also may be true that there are programs & combinations of supports that might help you quit without having to take whatever risks are tied to these substances.)

In any case though you can quit: thousands have quite before you and there’s no reason you can’t do it. There is a 12-step program for quitting nicotine:

And there is a good thread about it here on TS - might be some good advice there:

Take care Cole & remember: you’re a good person who deserves a safe, sober life where you can be your full self. :innocent:

I don’t have any experience but I had a few friends that went the Chantix route and they all said they experienced very strange vivid dreams and depression. None of them were on subs with it though.

1 Like