Suboxone withdrawal day 5

I ended up getting Covid and basically slept 3 days so since I had already been 3 days without my suboxone I decided I am done and ready to make the leap of getting off this shit after 5 years! This poison has wrecked my body! I can’t believe I did this for so long to myself. It’s been suppressing me spiritually and I have cling to god hard these past five days. Sleep is so hard to come by and as the days go on it’s harder and harder! I need guidance and wisdom and encouragement right now. I was prescribed opiates from age 8-26 where I then transitioned to suboxone which to those thinking of it don’t this is such a drawn out emotional process this shit is poison period! Please tell me someone has been right where I am at it’s a struggle but I am bound and determined! Not to mention I am going through this withdrawal while still dealing with Covid! I’m just so ready to look back and say I beat this! I want this more than anything I followed the rules and strictly did as drs told me. I was never supposed to be on it 5 years it was supposed to be a 28 day step down that turned into 5 years! Never again never again! I can’t wait to see light at the end of the tunnel! I need encouragement I need advice! I just need someone who has been here! I flushed the rest of my prescription! I changed all ppl places and things so I can’t get anything from anywhere! I’m safe just so uncomfortable and could use so much encouragement this truly is hard I have two kids one is special needs and it’s hard to be a mom and go through withdrawal! Thanks for listening!

4 Likes

Welcome, sorry you’re going through the withdrawals. I can’t say I’ve had withdrawals from Suboxine, but I’ve dealt with withdrawals from opioid. Time time time is all I can say.

1 Like

My dr never gave me the chance to withdrawal fro opiates. I was transitioned straight to suboxone and truthfully this started at age 8 I am ready and trying to hold strong suboxone is a long drawn out process for withdrawal. It takes about 11 for the extreme illness to stop! I’m just ready to see light at the end of the tunnel I am so emotional I cry a lot my flank pain in my back is horrible epsoms salt baths do wonders I wish I could stay in there all day! Thanks for the kind words I’m absolutely feeling it but hopefully this feeling is enough to never want this in my life again

Hi and welcome! I don’t know much about subs but I do know about methadone and I understand they are very similar, my dad was on it until he passed from an OD. Those are longer lasting opioids so they take longer to get out of your system, about 10 days is the peak. Lots of fluids, rest, hot showers and Imodium. I tried to help my dad several times to get off of it because he was tired of being a prisoner so that’s where my experience comes from. Best of luck and if you need to talk I am always here :heart:

3 Likes

I was prescribed opiates from age 8-26 I transitioned to suboxone with a promise from my dr we would do a taper down and have me off it in a month well that never happened I have been on this stuff for 5 years now I want my life back so bad! As horrible as it is I am DONE! I’ve never know anything since being a child other than take this poison! I know it’s a long process I made it 8 days one time I almost had it whipped but the stress of being a single mom and two kids was too much but my kids aren’t so little now and they can do for themselves so it’s making it much easier this go around! Thank you for the kind words I got a few days to go but gah I am so emotional lol this stuff is poison I can’t believe my whole life this poison I have been putting in my body no wonder you feel so bad coming off! I really hope anyone and everyone thinks long and hard about suboxone if they are offered I will be screaming at clinics protesting it’s worse than opiates yet they call it the safer alternative! I too lost my dad to an overdose. He overdosed on opana and Xanax. I was the one that found him so that pushed me to get off opiates and that’s when my dr said we would do a 28 day taper. Well that 28 day taper turned into 5 years and still going!

2 Likes

The reality is the drs don’t want to taper you, you are almost like a science experiment to them, at least that’s how I felt with my dad and he went to the VA hospital. There are not enough studies on it, especially long term use patients. My dad is very literally in several “papers” released on it in the medical field, had to sign a bunch of waivers and at the end he was so so mad this happened to him. I am so happy you decided to do this for yourself. :heart: It’s the best decision you could have made for yourself. You will feel every pain and even made up ones that’s your brain trying to convince you need it. Push throw it, the best things in life are on the other side of fear :pray:

2 Likes

Gah I am so emotional I cry over EVERYTHING and your last statement hit me in the feels! I want to do things and go places without worrying if I will have enough medicine or if I will be able to see the dr before I go on vacation! This shit has ruined and ruled my entire life I am just so ready to be done! I am using vitamin c and hot baths with epsom salt help tremendously! I’ve never not had this poison in my body starting from age 8 now I am 34 that’s all my life! I want it more than I have ever wanted anything!

1 Like

I can imagine how you must feel it sounds like all you have ever known. It is a very emotional thing, that is normal. Try to trick your brain and keep telling yourself you have the flu and it will be over in a couple days, something to fight back. I watched my dad put up the fight of his life so I know it’s not easy but it can be done as I have seen others do it that were on it for 10+ years. You got this! Start planning all the things you can do when you get your life back :heart:

1 Like

That’s my main focus is just keep moving forward! I know it sucks I made it eight days one time and gave up because my kids were small and it was too much my son is 12 and is such a help! I still have Covid so I have been telling myself I am sick with Covid and that’s all it is. I’m just taking it one day at a time. I have made it 5 days and 6 is just down the road! I’m gonna make it I have to this time I want to be free of this literal prison!

4 Likes

How are you doing? Just checking on you :grin:

I am ok just got out of a hot bath I’m still really weak and short of breath from Covid but today was better than yesterday so far it seems evenings are the worst I have energy of the morning but as the day goes on that is out the window

I feel for you with Covid, I don’t have it but two of my kids do right now so just hoping the rest of don’t get it too. Feel better! Our dr told us to give them vitamin D, did yours say the same? Have you ever heard of the movie Four Good Days? I just saw it referenced on a website and I watched the trailer, I want to rent it later. I hope today is mentally easy for you, I always think the physical stuff we can deal with but the mental stuff is brutal. :heart: I have a pounding headache this morning not sure why but going to take some aspirin and hopefully that will fix it!

I got up at 4am took a bath started cleaning some I get winded so I have to take a break here and there. Mornings I seem to have more energy so I am trying to do as much as I can of the morning like meal preps for the kids and cleaning. Today is better my sides ache something awful but I know it’s the poison leaving my body! I just know each day that passes this will get better. I have not heard to take vitamin D I may add that! This won’t last forever and I have the tools I need to stay sober now so it’s up to me to do it! And yes watch 4 good days it’s an amazing movie! It describes everything perfectly! Also a pounding headache was my first sign of Covid

I am a full believer in everything happens for a reason! Not too long ago my daughter locked my keys in my car I had a recall on the ball joints on my Jeep had she not did that instead of the ball joint snapping into in a gas station parking lot we would have been going down the interstate when it happened. My dad overdosed and passed on my birthday. I was the one who found him that started my suboxone journey. His mother passed and that’s where I got Covid. While all these bad things happen there is always a silver lining there! Thanks for the book recommendation I will have to check that one out I just finished Anna the grandmother of Jesus and it was a great read!

2 Likes

I am always up like 2 am Chicago time mostly then I am at the try to be at the Sunday house which is the AA club I go to by 6:15 6:30 for the 7:00 meeting and there’s a 8:30 meeting way after I love it am 6 month and. 12 days I been trying to be sober since 21 !!!

1 Like