Suffering from Loneliness

It’s been 9 months of recovery and I totally feel alone I had to ditch all of my old friends, work and activities I used to do/see. I recovered in a rehab and now I’m a volunteer there, all of my knowns are from there now, they’re just not my type of people we literally share nothing except our addiction, even my best friend who brought me to recovery is always busy with his life. I’m just a loner now

5 Likes

Hi H.
I am glad you’re here!
It’s pretty cool that you volunteer at your old rehab. Paying forward what we were given is a great way to get out of self.

1 Like

Hey welcome to the community. I feel yah, I’m only almost 4 months sober and same, it’s just me. Idk some says I mind it and some I don’t. I say it’s a good time for us to find are selfs, and then the next minute I hate trying to find myself. I geuss at the end of the day it’s god doing what he knows is right for me. He is putting me on this path for a reason, I truly believe that, and good things are coming for us. Congrats on 9 months that is really awesome, and good for you for helping out that’s a huge step and even if you don’t click with them it’s still something. I dwell on past friendships and I honestly don’t even know why, any time I do hang out with them I never like it. Have a good night

3 Likes

I wish I had some great advice for you, but I’m sort of in the same boat. All this COVID stuff makes it harder to try and go to activities where you might be able to meet new people too. All I can say is to hang in there. While the people you volunteer with may not be your type of people, they’re at least someone for now. Perhaps right now you can spend some time looking for local activities that will start up again once all this stuff dies down and you can meet some new people.

Welcome. I can relate to how you feel. I’m in the same position kind of. But it’s not forever. Things will work out. Good things are on the horizon.