Suggestions- Reading list

Hello everyone.
I cannot tell you how many times I have restarted. I would go a week sober and then slip have a night of drinking where I would consume several bottles of wine or almost an entire bottle of rum. I am trying it again to focus and I am finding comfort in reading.

I am once again on day three sober and I would love to hear suggestions of any books that you have found helpful. They don’t have to be specific to sobriety but books on personal development, changing habits, growth and even just comfort. I am trying to build a library so that rather than reaching for a drink I can reach for comfort in a book. I look forward to hearing your suggestions

4 Likes

The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous has been the most helpful book for me. It was even better when i went through it with my sponsor.

6 Likes

I echo @Englishd and I’ll add Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions which is a great read. Also, good to thoroughly understand with a sponsor.

5 Likes

The Big Book definitly :heart:
I also like to read daily reflections books like Just for today or other daily readings. I have a book called: Each Day a New Beginning, daily meditations for women by Hazelden Meditations. There’s one book that I have heard is really good and it’s called “The High Five Habit”. Apparently that one is quite good but I haven’t read it yet. I was doing that high five challenge awhile back and I did actually notice a difference in my confidence and outlook. But lost interest lol. I’d like to find some books also about recovery too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Big Book and How Bill see it

5 Likes

Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Control Alcohol

3 books I found inspiring…

This Naked Mind

Quit Like A Woman

We Are The Luckiest

I have a huge list of quit lit and memoirs if you are interested, just let me know.

1 Like

Sixty Meters to Anywhere by Brendan Leonard