Super lonely

I hid my drinking from my partner and lied about it a lot. Now that I’m sober she is understandably angry with me. However, it’s more than that. It’s she is distant and cold. It’s a lack of care despite her previously having a major drug addiction. Also, I have no friends that I can turn to as they all have drinking problems or some other addiction and are not trustworthy. It’s extremely lonely being sober.

6 Likes

Having a community is essential for sobriety for me. Not only do I get ideas, encouragement, and strength, but the bonding with others is a key for me. When I got sober, I did so despite my conviction that being sober was going to be a succession of gray dull days to be endured. Having a community, first in AA, then adding Talking Sober, flipped that wrong thinking right out of my head!

3 Likes

As Chris mentioned, definitely find a sober group. It’s hard in the beginning with a group, but after a few weeks they become your people! I’m so glad I finally went to meetings, even if I didn’t like it in the beginning. Now I look forward to my meetings and feel so much better when they are over.

2 Likes

Plenty of sober friends waiting for you at ameeting and you wont be alone anymore wish you well

2 Likes

Welcome! Lots of info in this thread

Welcome to the forum! 2022

I find talking to other alcoholics invaluable. I feel like they are the only ones who understand. And even if your partner had her own issues, it takes time to move past issues. Her being distant is a way of protecting herself from harm.

2 Likes