Super pumped 💪

I had planned to quit drinking on my birthday (which is tomorrow), But I am actually on day 8! I’m still struggling a bit with insomnia, but I am praying and exercising a lot to keep me away from that first drink. I actually lost 3 pounds and have a bunch of energy! So much better than being hung over. I need you guys help and if I crave, I will use my tools and come on the app. Have a great Sunday :sunny::pray::slightly_smiling_face:

24 Likes

Congratulations Alice and welcome! The daily check in and focus thread is where its at for support and daily check in so better there! See ya around :pray::smiling_face:

3 Likes

Congratulations on 8 days! Keep going and enjoying sobriety.

Great work Alice, that’s awesome! :raised_hands:

Day 8!!! Thats so awesome Alice. Im so thrilled to hear that you started your journey earlier than originally intended.
The insomnia is a nasty side effect but it wont last long. Do what you can to help relax and sleep. Ie. Melatonin, magnesium, lavender essential oils, warm tea, warm bath, meditation etc.
Thank you for being on this journey with us have a wonderful day :muscle::heart:

Btw- happy early birthday :birthday: :partying_face: :tada:

2 Likes

Celebrating birthdays and holidays while sober is very motivating. Yes, have a plan. Keep us in your pocket for support.

Celebrate your birthday by celebrating your new self! Eat cake and ice cream. Do something you enjoy and know that taking care of yourself this way means more birthdays!!

Getting through the first year events like this shows your commitment to taking best care of yourself.

Happy birthday!!

2 Likes

Alice welcome day 8 ! Good for you! I just made two weeks and those 4 pounds you lost I think I found them and every one else’s few pounds they are missing🤗
I promised myself no restrictions with food or drinks (of course zero alcohol) the first two weeks. I workout with water aerobics few times a week and helps tremendously.

Sleep sleeping wake and awake is an issue for so many of us. Hang in there 1 day at a time.

2 Likes

Happy Sunday to you also :blush:

Well it’s my birthday and I plan to stay sober. I have a 7 hour conference today so I know I will be tired after that, but instead of drinking, I will call in a sweet pepperoni and cheese pizza :pizza:!!! I feel so much better in the mornings and that is big motivation to not drink. The insomnia is still there but the cravings somewhat seem to have become fewer and not as intense. So that is good. :+1: Happy Monday everyone!

2 Likes

Whoooaa! The positive vibes coming off your post. I love it :grin:

Happy birthday Alice! :heart::tada: :balloon:

You’ve given yourself the gift of sobriety this year, and it’s the gift that will keep on giving. Enjoy your pizza lady, you deserve it :muscle::muscle:

What a great gift to give yourself, the gift of sobriety! There is never a good reason to wait to be a better person.

Wow!! Go you on your 9 days and a sober birthday tomorrow!!! :birthday:

Happy Belated Birthday :birthday: :partying_face: :tada:

I’m not good at math but I think your af for 14 days. Nice. Keep going @Alice13 .

1 Like

Today is also day 13 for me. Keep up not drinking. And try not to counter with candy. That stuff made me super sick when I binged on night 4