Survived a 3 days boozy weekend...Day 400 today!

Attended 3 consecutive super boozy parties on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I was more than fine! Not just survived but thrived!

I never thought I could have so much fun sober! With the added bonus of never having a hangover!

Realised that my sobriety means so much to me and is so much more than just saying no to a substance (alcohol) it is also saying no to thinking that I need anything else to influence the way that I see people or influence the way that I am taking on what is happening around me.

Yay…Day 400 today :star2::muscle:

20 Likes

WOW! That’s amazing! Good for you! And SUPER congrats on the 400 days! THAT, is impressive! :clap: :raised_hands: :metal:

1 Like

You must feel amazing!
Heck, I feel amazing just reading that!

1 Like

Yikes, you’re brave. I did 3 days at a cottage with boozers. Couldn’t relate so spent most of the time with God and myself in a canoe and a fishing rod. Hit lots of meetings just to stay connected.
Came back one night to find my partner passed out.
Much rather be with people in recovery. It’s healthy and more fun

5 Likes

Welcome @Bob-I
Canoeing for peace of mind, and a bit of escape, sounds perfect.
Glad you are here!!

Each of the envents had boozers and non boozers, mixed crowd so I was not alone drinking sparkling water and juice. I was mostly chatting to the non boozers because as you can imagine the boozers were acting weird.
Because of my past I relate to the weirdness of the boozers, it made me cringe at times. (I did so many cringe worthy things in the past! Cannot even begin to express how grateful I am to never again feel the heaviness and absolute feeling of defeat that a moral hangover has! Or the terrifying feeling I used to have after my blackout nights)

1 Like