Survived my first sober party - thoughts

Looking bloody fantastic!

1 Like

So glad it went well overall!

I must say I found it a bit of a revelation the first time I realised that you actually don’t have to stay at a party to the end :joy:

And definitely agree with #4 - @Yoda-Stevie once described as being the designated thinker which stayed with me because it is complete spot on!

2 Likes

Congratulations! That is something to be really proud of. Keep up the great work and before you know it you’ll be at 365 days sober.

1 Like

Strong work!

1 Like

Good work!

On another note, you look identical to a girl i used to work with. Also called Ashleigh! I think you have a doppelganger

1 Like

Ooo that’s freaky :joy: x

Love this. So much. I have a lot of fun out when I’m not drinking. I can still talk more sh*t than the drinkers… :joy: Congratulations and thanks for posting.

1 Like

I loved every word that you wrote. I have just started my sobriety all over again after a relapse. So I really need to stay focus and accountable at this point.

Your party-time advice is all so helpful as we are coming up on the holiday season, and I aim to attend party’s sober and leave sober. And I’ll be damned if I can’t get thru this holiday season sober.

Again: THANK YOU, and congratulations to you!

Best from Chicago,
AMY

2 Likes

Thanks Amy! It’s a tricky time - party season. But you can do it, and waking up without a hangover was a wonderful feeling AND I did enjoy myself, so it was a win win x

1 Like

Btw I talked about your share with my therapist about saying no to the first drink. It’s been helpful for me to just say no IMMEDIATELY since any delay is entertaining acting out

1 Like