Survived temptation

My wife opened a bottle of wine today and asked if i wanted some. I work from home and can feel lonely during the day even though my wife is also working from home. Yep, i know it sounds stupid that we are working in different rooms and hardly talk. I am getting out of the habit of spending an evening on the couch relaxing and taking about work.

Seems like the only time we would talk would be with wine!! I am breaking the habit but omg I need some social interaction.

Drinking used to provide that.

Can anyone relate ?

2 Likes

Omg can I relate?! My husband and I both work from home in the same office! LOL! We used to drink every day together and yes the drinking did help our conversations. We’ve never really had an issue with communicating, but I’ve found since we quit drinking that I’ve become way more irritable and need my own space. We used to bond over the drinking and now it’s like uhhh… I’m just taking it one day at a time.

3 Likes

Neither I nor my husband drink, but for years we both smoked weed together. That was a huge part of our relationship. Much of the “quality time” we spent together was us getting stoned.

I eventually quit smoking pot to get a job, and honestly I don’t miss it. I do miss some of the connection that we shared with each other while passing a joint back and forth.

1 Like

My husband still smokes, but not as much as he used to. I will smoke every once in awhile, but it’s not often and I’ve never had a problem with it. I suffer from extreme nausea and boy does it help that when I need it! When I get super stressed I will take a puff and thankfully it helps me. Just glad I’m not drinking! Drinking makes me feel like a prisoner!

I was a heavy smoker for years and years before quitting. I always felt like I was missing something. I actually started smoking again in 2016 when I quit using meth because I felt like I needed something to take the edge off the anxiety.

I quit smoking again in April of last year. Unlike every other time in the past when I quit, I didn’t have any problems. Just put it down and didn’t give it a second thought.

I’m around it every day now. A lot of people in my life smoke. I never have even the slightest interest in starting again. I guess I smoked my share already.

Yea I can have it around and not even give it two thoughts. I only smoke if I’m stressed or if my stomach hurts lol. It actually helps me get up and clean my house too! I feel productive smoking since I dont smoke everyday anymore lol