Sweet Tooth?!?!

Anyone else experience wanting all the sweet things!!! I knew I gave up alot of sugar when I stopped drinking wine, but had no idea how much! Making Martha’s chocolate chip cookies right now…salivating at the oven! May need to wrestle my teenage boys for them!

33 Likes

Did you quit smoking cigarettes as well?

I know quitting smoking can cause sugary cravings, but it also may be you substituting wine sugar

4 Likes

Nope… Just the wine! Granted it was sometimes 2 bottles a night… so there is that.

5 Likes

Yeah, sweet tooth after quitting booze is super common if you search around.

I also just made cookies. Some have already mysteriously disappeared. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :eyes:

19 Likes

I absolutely did! I never ate anything sweet when I was a drinker. I noticed not long after I quit I began to eat more sweets. I wasn’t too concerned about it early on it was much better than all the booze I consumed prior to quitting. I still have usually one hot chocolate at night and right on cue, I am going to make one now!

2 Likes

Yessss! Been eating ice cream, and I haven’t indulged in that in quite a while. Forgot how insanely yummy it is. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Those cookies look delicious!!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

I have had hot chocolate 2 days in a row…I never had it before. LOL… I am going to need to watch to watch this sweet tooth of mine!

3 Likes

Hahaha… OMG you made me laugh…good luck!

1 Like

Yeah my snacking has been on overdrive the past couple weeks :flushed: i feel so tubbby!
Gotta get that back under control now that family is gone, class is done and back to work…

1 Like

This week I’ve made brownies and cookies - and I never have a sweet tooth. Sitting here thinking I’m starving, although I had a super nice homemade lentil stew for dinner.
Plus I’m on Sertraline which also causes weight gain… but at least I’m not drinking!! So, win!

4 Likes

Everyday is Halloween to me lately. Red Vines licorice is not safe anywhere near me. And don’t get me started on Dove chocolate! I can more easily pass by the wine aisle than the candy aisle these days! Not stressing about it though - could obviously be worse.

4 Likes

Never really had thos but I know a TON of people do.

Whatever floats your boat. Glad youre here.

1 Like

Shortbread cookies are my favorite! And during the holidays I have been drinking a lot of hot chocolate. I’m almost 6 months sober but I think the holidays have triggered a bit of a sugar rush. Im starting my routine again and I’ll be baking some banana bread or healthier desert alternatives. Lots of exercise coming up too!

3 Likes

Dark Chocolate Dove Bars here.
I also made a batch of chocolate covered macaroons for Christmas. They freeze well. I froze them in packs of 4.
:chocolate_bar: :coconut:

4 Likes

I like that - forced portion control!

1 Like

Yum! Breakfast??? kidding/not kidding.

1 Like

This seem like a week 2 activity, this portion control thing :rofl:. I will allow my hot chocolate fixes my first week as an added incentive. I will look at healthier cacao drinks so I feel less gluttonous!

1 Like

Your cracking me up first thing in the morning. Because I know your being honest.

2 Likes

Hey there! I never touched sugar while I was guzzling booze…for a whole year after sobriety though…ok two years…Ice cream and I were best buddies. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I listened to the great people here and focused on getting and staying sober. One addiction at a time is enough! About 1.5 years in I tackled my smoking habit, and while ice cream is no longer an issue, I am looking, over three years into sobriety, at my relationship with food. For my particular self, I had to look at one thing at a time and let myself know I was doing good work along the way💛 everything in due time

5 Likes