Swimmers thread 🏊🏻‍♀️

About to start swimming for exercise tomorrow. Never done it before. Average swimmer, i.e i can successfully not drown.
Any tips and advice from those that are experts or maybe are like me have just started?

3 Likes

Enjoy it. Choose the slow lane at first. Try to just breathe and enjoy the act of the water. It’s very therapeutic.

3 Likes

Focus on the flow.
Stay slow.
Enjoy floating in the water.

Report here :smiley::muscle:t2::blue_heart:

3 Likes

Start very slow, slow gentle laps don’t push yourself in the beginning try enjoy it, take breathers if you have to and then go again.

It’s is therapeutic and hypnotic.

2 Likes

So I got this new watch for runners and it says it is capable to track activity in pool. Wanted to ask what devices you are using for swimming? Not a swimmer here, but try to implement it more into my schedule. I like to track my gym workouts, running and now swimming too.

3 Likes

Fitbit versa 4 here. Great for up to 20 + different exercises including swimming :smiley:

4 Likes

Huawei elegant watch fit and
huawei health app. To me, it’s excellent.

4 Likes

How was it in the pool? :smiley:

My Garmin watch tracks laps and times in the pool.

3 Likes

I have no idea what’s a good swim time. This felt ok for my first swim in a long while. I was driving to the pool and could tell it was going to be a lovely sunrise. It made me depressed to not get to run and watch it.

3 Likes

Didn’t make it yet, ended up busy that day and my partner and i haven’t had a kid free day together since. Its still in the plans though

2 Likes

Don’t know what’s up but I am like flying through the water these days. Had 4 days pause and a swim yesterday and today that were both just over the top flowy, fast and just wonderful in the wonder pool. Lol :blue_heart:

Had a 25m lane tonight and did 81 flipturns :rofl:

4 Likes

Hey I made it to the pool tonight and swam a mile, pretty fast. I pounded the water like mad, had a lot to leave in the water :sweat_drops:

3 Likes

:smiley::grin::cyclone: Sounds great!

1 Like

Pre workout song :swimming_woman:t3::sweat_drops:

1 Like

Just try and sink into the bliss of the cool water and the way your body feels. It makes me feel great :smile_cat:

Welcome to the pool.

3 Likes

No idea really, but I can do a mile in 45 minutes breaststroke. I mainly monitor how I feel. You did great.

3 Likes

I’m heading down in a few min for a sunrise swim, planning a slow 2km but that’s a push, will definitely at least try make a mile

2 Likes

Managed 88 laps in 3 sets so it’s slowly getting easier, 2.2km in 57min, 2:18/100m I’m happy with that

7 Likes

Wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::bouquet:

2 Likes