Switching from booz to junk food uh oh

Well 18 days sober today and grateful. Although ive been eating junk food like crazy. I really dont wana get super fat but keep finding myself talking myself to into eating all

5 Likes

I noticed that of myself and only going on 6 days sober. I normally don’t eat junk food either. You aren’t the only one!

3 Likes

I’m the same, been eating pizza nearly every day lol on 23 days at the moment, I’m just gonna start gradually introducing healthy meals once I’m past 30 days, trying to do too much at once might be risking a relapse so I would say just allow yourself to eat what you want for a while, until you feel strong enough to tackle healthy eating :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thats what im thinking. One thing at a time. :grinning::+1:

1 Like

I have been through this also :slight_smile: The first few weeks on my first sober stretch was really bad! The first two months I put on about 15 pounds. Now that it’s been a little while I have lost 10 of the pounds despite a few relapses since November.
I say let yourself indulge but start being more mindful. Eventually, my mindfulness took over and I went back to my regular eating habits. The way I looked at it was: 1. weight can be lost when I get stronger in sobriety 2. my body will be in better shape if putting on a few pounds for a little while is the price to pay to get through the early rough stages and 3. I love myself chunkier and sober, than when I was a thin sloppy drunk!
So my advice is bust out the yoga pants and allow yourself to recover… for a little while :slight_smile: Maybe set a date for when you want to change your junk food phase and get yourself worked up for it.

6 Likes

Maybe look into a good quality multivitamin if you aren’t on one already and for sugar cravings try to start picking up fruit. Fruit still affects blood sugar and so u shouldn’t eat it all day every day but better than the alternative right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 Likes

YES that’s exactly what I was thinking @Melrm. Why I suggested a multivitamin but this is even better

Lets see…yesterday I ate:

Breakfast: jalapeno kettle chips

Lunch: guacamole, dried fruit leather, oreos

Dinner: vegan ice cream

It happens. I don’t do it every day but some days vegetables are just not going to cut it. LOL

9 Likes

Lol I hear that but can I have a mom moment and remind everyone how important it is to get the good stuff especially while detoxing and how much your eating affects how you feel (even into following days)? :see_no_evil: I care about everybody here just have to have a mom moment :joy::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Thanks @carmen071 Mom :blush:

1 Like

Hahaha what’s funny is I don’t even have kids but I will adopt you all! I just know life cycles up and down for everyone and I want everyone to be aware of how much food can affect that…now if everyone wants to come over I’ll cook a good healthy meal :joy:

2 Likes

Day 2 and i needed nachos.

6 Likes

I’ve been eating complete crap since getting sober and I let myself, it made me feel better emotionally but physically worse with salt and sugar hangovers.
Decided today I need to cool it with the Cool Ranch Doritos.
I went to the health food store and loaded up on healthy snacks- curry cashews, Indian chickpea somethings, chipotle seaweed sheets, sweets with Stevia instead of sugar, fancy drinks of all kinds, exotic weird stuff I was never willing to spend money on before cuz it cut into my booze fund…surprisingly it satisfied my insane cravings and I’m not feeling sick to my stomach.
Although those nachos look reeeallly good @Needhelp1128 :tongue:

4 Likes

They were so good but I over indulged. If I’m so full I might puke, then I won’t want to drink. In other words, I’ve gotta figure my Sh&t out and handle it before I start gaining weight from this whole process.

4 Likes

Don’t worry about the weight…you can handle that later. The first few months are all about staying sober

3 Likes

My boyfriend isn’t complaining about the food LOL

2 Likes

I’ll bet…those nachos looked awesome

2 Likes

My husband has been STOKED about our pantry situation lately. He always complains his mother raised him on “vegetables and tree bark” only and I’m kinda the same…but suddenly our shelves are exploding with all the junk you can possibly buy, SO many cheetos, freezer is full of ice cream sandwiches…today was a sad day in his world, Lol, back to tree bark.

1 Like

Lol tree bark :joy:

1 Like