Switching from booz to junk food uh oh

Love this :two_hearts:@Melrm

Now I want nachos.

1 Like

I envy anyone who quit drinking and stayed on a healthy diet at the same time lol.

I gained some weight and a hell of alotnof other things since I quit drinkingā€¦my life back for example.

Donā€™t worry too muc, I went through binging and shopping and have finally settled down enough to clean up my diet and save some money.

Just give yourself time, love and goals. Everything else will fall into place.

3 Likes

Hi @Brittney_Garretson In the long run weight loss is very possible with sobriety - but not automatic, but it is nearly impossible while drinking - from all the massive additional calories and careless eating. (unless someone runs miles a day I guess) I eventually lost a lot of weight, but in a slow healthy way, and I didnā€™t give up a single food, but I did quit all high-calories drinks.

2 Likes

I am now in day 51. Weigh the same as 50 days ago. I realize that a big reason why I kept drinking was that I was so scared of getting fat. I knew that, if I dont drink, I crave sugar. I used to try not drinking for a few days, eat a lot, feel fat, and then figure, maybe its healthier to go back to wine, and it sure feels better. At least in the evenings. I used to think there was no way not to be hooked on one or the other, wine or sugar. But I see now that the sugar cravings and junk food cravings are temporary, and you can manage them. Do what other posters said, take care of yourself, get enough vitamins and healthy stuff, and know that you dont have to eat junk forever. Maybe just a little for a while, to get through the first month.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been eating ice cream like the world is about to run out.

2 Likes

Its possible to lose weight while drinking, even lots of weight. I did it after all 3 pregnancies. But if you care more about actual health than scale numbers, its a baaad idea. Mostly it means that a big proportion of your nutrition is from alcohol. Not so great.

1 Like

It isā€¦didnā€™t you get the memo? :smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s impressive! I tried counting calories at times, even when drinking. But if I had 1/2 liter of vodka, thatā€™s 1000 calories right there! Leaving only about 700 for food. And half the time donā€™t even recall what I ate after that. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Omg this was sooooo me today!