Tail between my legs

Hello… :slight_smile:

I relapsed HARD. @SassyRocks @Solanaceae @Englishd @Meggers

After 19 months of sobriety, I got arrogant and figured I could moderate and it’s not been good.

Megan, I’m sorry for the message I sent you… I know at the time you were looking out for me.

Tail between my legs

32 Likes

Hi Josh - welcome back, little brother. I am glad you are alive and free. The only way I know how to assuage the shame and guilt is to get back on a sobriety program, rededicate myself, and work on sobriety first, before anything else.

One great thing about TS is that it keeps me wary, reminds me that if I don’t do something about my alcoholism, it’ll do something about me. Every day.

I am grateful you are with us again.

14 Likes

Welcome back. You aren’t the first person, nor the last. You know what it takes to get back on track, and everyone here will be here if you need us

9 Likes

Welcome back Josh! Sorry to hear about your rough relapse, but glad you are back. :heart: Moderating never worked for me either, so I feel you there. Hope you stick around! Lots of very active new folks on here working hard!

All my best, Sassy

Ps…added to the Relapse category

12 Likes

Welcome back. It takes courage to come back, admit fault and dust yourself off so props to you for that. You know what it takes to do this. You’re not the only one to relapse or slip up we’ve all done it. What matters is your here now. Be kind to yourself and learn from your slip up. Use it as fuel to drive you on yoir journey. You CAN do this!

10 Likes

I’m glad you’re back. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome back. Man, that feeling like you’re doing so good and that you’ve got it under control enough to moderate is a terrible trap. The important thing is that you’re back and you’re ready to go forward again.

6 Likes

Glad you’re back :blush:

Better to be here with your tail between your legs than on a park bench with a needle hanging out of your arm.

We got you :pray::sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Good to see you back @anon84416494
You’ve helped me a lot in a the past and have a lot of wisdom to give

I wondered where you were a bit back- you know what you need to do next, glad you’re here

:+1::blush::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Hey bud!
Glad your ok!
Glad your back!
Took guts mate, to come back like that. Well done. As ever, you know where I am! :facepunch:
:metal:

6 Likes

Great to see you back sir, that takes huge courage. Proud of you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

Great you’re here :blush: it’s good to see you back :hugs:

5 Likes

Hey @anon84416494 :hugs:

I was wondering where you were and did get a little worried. I fucked up too but look, we’re both here, with some sober time under our belts from last time so we know what need to be done.

I’m taking it from your post that you’ve pulled yourself out from the depths and (although probably feeling like shit…) are ready, set and determined to do this again. We’re here for you, but you know that. :purple_heart:
Welcome back :blush: I’m happy to see you :hugs:

8 Likes

I had been wondering how you were doing of late Josh. Good to see you back pal!:slight_smile::slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome back, Josh. Thanks for the apology.

7 Likes

It’s good to see you Josh. We live and learn. On we all go.

7 Likes

Really glad you’re back :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Back on that horse get that tail wagging again wish you well

8 Likes

In honour of your triumphant return you will have to prepare and photograph a dish made from ox tail.
Your food always looks so good.

Crack on, champion

11 Likes

Glad to see you come back, after a good whack of sobriety I can’t imagine how hard it is to relapse and then own it, I’ve seen a lot of relapses that don’t come back!
Have a read of your 500 days post from Feb 5, you know what you need to do :pray::tulip:

7 Likes