Tail between my legs

I’m glad you made it through. For people like you and me that’s never a guarantee. I don’t have any big motivational speeches. You know what you need to do.

10 Likes

Welcome back @anon84416494 You’re in a good safe place here my friend. Do what you know you need to do. We are here for you as you begin your latest journey in sobriety. :heart:

7 Likes

Welcome back - but you have never been really gone… Glad that you are here again

6 Likes

Ooh yes food requests.

Anything chocolate for me!

4 Likes

Thankyou for all your responses :slight_smile: I really do appreciate it - theres a lot here and I appreciate the support.

I sort of know what I need to do, I also sort of…dont. To start with, I need to just get through detox which is not as bad as last time but I’m pretty jumpy and anxious. I’m also awfully paranoid. I havent used any drugs this time round; it’s been alcohol but for me, they’re just as bad as eachother. Once I’ve got the shakes out the way and some rehydration; I’ll make a conscious effort to read and be more active on here, certainly less suggestions and more questions - I am not convinced that I have got this and I’m pretty certain for the next 30 days or so, itll be a case of “One day at a time”.

Thanks again for all the responses :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Hey Josh, I’m glad your back…the only way out is through. One moment at a time…:heart:

2 Likes

Don’t drink before bedtime. Make it to the pillow sober. That was my mantra in the beginning.

5 Likes

I’ve been there a few times too. One day at a time…

Glad you are back. Glad all of us are here, it means we are trying.

4 Likes

That sucks, I feel you. But u get right back on that horse. The mental after effects are worse than the throwing up I feel. Be gentle with urself.

2 Likes

Welcome back. Your not alone.

3 Likes

Personally I think this is great. Anyone who is totally sure is probably missing something!

8 Likes

How are you doing Josh mate? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How’s things, mate?
Was just thinking of you and hoping you’re ok.
:+1:

5 Likes

Welcome back dude, sorry to hear that. Glad to see you are here. Bit late, I saw this was from July… Hope you are well!