Take the pain, not as pain. But as challenge

You remember that feeling of carlessness, oblivion, and that comfortably empty feeling you get from using your D.o.C? almost two weeks have gone by since I have used and I’m beginning to see the light brighter. things are getting easier to cope with internally. Cravings are becoming an after thought now and not a red flashing light when things go wrong. all of those feelings the drug would offer me I’m beginning to find by being sober. anyway addiction left me broken before, but in the long run it was a HUGE strong life lesson. A lesson on my own character and morality. Addiction and withdrawal definitely pushed me internally to my breaking point. So going from an addict to a sober person has taught me so many life lessons and what not to take for granted and how precious the love you give to other people actually is. I wouldn’t wish addiction on my worst enemy because it takes a strong person with the power to flip perspective to come out of it and turn your life upside down. You can do it!! Best wishes to all! Stay strong and never forget why you began your journey of sobriety.
sincerely, nic.

10 Likes

Now that is what I mean. You have been able to take the negativity and turn it around and learn from the experience.
I found the first month was unbelievably difficult. Having to face all the things in life without turning to drink. And let’s face it I drank all day and every day
But each time I did face something I learnt from it. I learnt that I could deal with it.
There was a lot, and I mean a lot, of soul searching going on.
I no longer drink, and can honestly say very rarely miss it.
Keep up the good work, listen to the positive voice in your head that tells you what it thinks you should do. It’s the one that used to be drowned out!!!:grinning:

What you said was lovely. I am looking forward to getting to your perspective sooner rather than later. :pray:t2:

I love this: it takes a strong person with the power to flip perspective to come out of it and turn your life upside down. You can do it!! Best wishes to all! Stay strong and never forget why you began your journey of sobriety.

Thank you! So perfect.

1 Like