Taking control of my life for good

You never know how low you’re sinking until you finally realize that you’re close to the bottom… For years, I’ve been battling depression and anxiety that caused me to drink alcohol on a constant basis… I wasn’t the type to call myself a “social drinker”. I would get off from work, go to class, go to the liquor store, and go home and drink alone… When I would drink I would feel happy for a little while and then I would start to think about all of the failures that I’ve had in my life and I would think about all of the things that people have done to hurt me… I was never the type to have much friends because I was afraid of letting people get close to me because those that I’ve considered “friends” in the past hurt me the most. Including my family… I was ashamed and embarrassed to reach out for help because I didn’t want anyone to judge me… On one day not too long ago I was fed up with everything and everyone… I was on the verge of ending my life… At that moment, I knew that I had to get help… Feeling like you don’t care and that you want to end your life is the scariest thing that a person could feel in their life… As of 2 days ago, I’ve decided to completely let go of alcohol… It’s been hard these past 2 days but I know that I can do it🌸

16 Likes

Thank you for your response. One day at a time is right. I finally feel like I can express myself and talk about things without being judged. I’m definitely here to stay🌺

2 Likes

Wow that made me tear because it’s the same here. I learned to make alcohol apart of my everyday life but we got this !

1 Like

Sometimes we have to hit rock bottom before we get help. Otherwise we could sit here and rationalize that it isn’t “that bad”. But then shit does get that bad… and you’re forced to make a decision. When you’re at rock bottom, it’s usually jail, death, or sobriety. Glad you chose the later. Welcome.

1 Like

Hi Khyb89🙂 I’ll definitely pray for you! We got this!

Hey JeffreyDale🙂 You’re absolutely right… it took me a long time to reach out for help… I would tell myself that I wasn’t bad off but that day when I woke up and was like the hell with life and everybody else, I instantly got on the phone and reached out for help… I never felt like that before in my life and that’s what scared the hell out of me… I haven’t had a drink in the last 5 days and I’m proud of myself!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! My story is very, very similar to yours. Feel free to reach out if you need anything. Reading through all of these posts can be helpful for many! :hugs:

2 Likes

Hey hun🙂 Thank you so much… It feels good to be able to talk to others that have experienced the same things that I’m going through… This online posting is extremely new to me but I’m getting use to it…

1 Like

Hey girl! Glad you’re here :hugs: i’m a home drinker too and it SUCKS!!! Stay strong and reach out here if you ever get triggered to drink.

5 days is FANTASTIC!!! Get that 7 day and feel proud of yourself for what you’re doing.

2 Likes

Hey hun thank you soo much​:slightly_smiling_face: I’m glad that I finally found a forum that allows me to talk about my struggles without being judged… I will be praying for you too and I pray that you stay strong also!:cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Welcome to the family! :grin: I’ve only been here a short time but I can tell you this app and these awesome people will help you through it. Check in every day. You will never be judged here and we are all here to help each other. Stay strong… the first few days are the hardest! Brighter days are on the horizon!

1 Like

Welcome to the family :heart:

We’re like one big crazy family that all have something in common. You’ll never be judge here!

1 Like

Hi Bill🙂 Thank you so much… Just talking to you guys on here is a huge relief… You’re absolutely right… these first few days have been hard but I’m taking it one day at a time… I’m looking forward to brighter days.

1 Like