Talking Sober moderators: applications closed! Meet the new mods!

I agree Steve, I appreciate her thoughtful input on the forum so much!! Sadly, I believe she is shy of the sobriety requirement of a year.

3 Likes

Was about to suggest @Mno as well :heart:

13 Likes

Or @AyBee?

12 Likes

@CapriciousCapricorn? @liv_m? @Lionfish?

14 Likes

Thanks @Conor689908 and @Salty, very nice of you to mention me. It’s appreciated. Let me think about it for a bit plz.

13 Likes

Hey y’all. Thanks for thinking of me, but I have to decline. I’m happy to keep trying to do my part as a member.

13 Likes

You just expressed how I feel. Thank you. Love your presence and perspective, lady.

4 Likes

I spoke to soon! I didn’t realize one year clean time was a requirement. Unfortunately, I do not have that.

Some other time perhaps. A lot of the names above are people I’d be happy to see in the role. A good field of candidates here.

6 Likes

Your profile would be the first I’d target :dart:

3 Likes

@Dazercat
@SinceIAwoke
@Faugxh
@Yoda-Stevie

All good candidates too

13 Likes

(Lest anyone be concerned, we can’t see PMs unless they get flagged.)

3 Likes

I second this list

1 Like

@Dazercat
@Lisa07
@Dan531
@Dragonflygirl82
and I support @Mno’s nomination if it works for him (but no pressure!)

Hope we are not supposed to check first with people we nominate to see if they want the role, lol :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Thank you Emm. I’m definitely interested but I think there’s others nominated that are much more respected around here.

10 Likes

I would make a good mod because I’m so used to being disliked. The mods get shit on all the time

16 Likes

Thank you Jenna. I think Conor is right, they’re looking for someone in the UK.

Thanks @Jennajen for putting words to it! @Lisa07, I don’t think it’s about who is respected the most - but to me, a mod would need to clearly uphold the rules, objectively, non-reactively, and also be encouraging. And to me, you are those things. Just sayin’… :wink:

Oops - edit. All you need to do Lisa is just… move. Or adapt to a different time zone!

4 Likes

We are looking for at least two moderators. One UK (or similar time zone) and one US (or similar time zone).

4 Likes

I already approached her. :heart:

3 Likes

I actually thought you were already a moderator. @Lisa07 would make an excellent mod. Thanks for your faith in me @liv_m but I’m not active or objective enough for such a role lmao. Plus, I have no extra time.

Edit ‐ I meant to respond to @Lisa07. Not @Sassyrocks, sorry!

5 Likes