Talking Sober Turns 2!

It’s the 17th of July and that means it’s Talking Sober’s birthday!

We are officially 2 years old now. It feels like it’s been much longer, but we’ve grown to a huge community of great people. We’ve gotten some new moderators, @Bill_Phillips and @NewPerspective, who are helping myself and @Steve92 out with keeping this a safe and pleasant space.

Overall, we are bigger and better than ever before. We’ve grown a lot and it’s thanks to every single one of our members who log on to be a part of community.

Here are the stats:
15 000 Registered Users
330 000 Posts
600 000 Likes

Thanks everyone! :balloon:

52 Likes

I’ve only been here 128 days but I am SO thankful for this place. I never would have made it this far if it wasn’t for the knowledge and wisdom shared from others along their journey. Thanks @Robin for creating this amazing place!

5 Likes

And what an interesting, informative and helpful two years it has been! Thank you Robin for all your hard work and especially for your vision. And thank you to our new moderators for keeping us on track and respectful. Shout out to all of us for creating a community where everyone is welcome, safe and heard. :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

@Robin I am a new user and I want to thank you to create this helpful and beautiful application! Really thanks :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Thank you for this place. It’s been an instrumental tool for my continued sobriety.

5 Likes

Thank you @Robin. I know I wouldn’t be sober without everyone here. Happy birthday TS! :birthday::cake:

4 Likes

Thank you, @Robin and community! You’ve made my sobriety count! Happy Birthday, TS!

3 Likes

You da man @Robin!!

First off, I don’t use social media. Over a year ago I downloaded the SoberTime app to count my days. I stumbled across the Talking Sober forum a few days later.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think a forum would become such a huge part of my recovery! But I’d did. I come here daily to check in. I’ve answered people that have asked for help and I’ve received help.

And most importantly, I’ve stayed sober. This forum helped me do that. There are people I care about here. So thank you for creating this beautiful refuge man. We all need it!!

13 Likes

Oh my god! I can’t believe it’s been a year since I checked in for it’s last birthday!! :tada: :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

I’ve only been here 17 days, no relapses! I’ve downloaded a variety of apps and this is by far my favorite, I’ve deleted all the rest. :birthday:

6 Likes

Congrats to the TS team and community, it’s a brilliant app and the members make it even better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yey! This is a really helpful platform! I really appreciate you guys who run this thing and make sure it’s safe and all! I bought all the in app purchases for the app, not necessarily because the ads and other stuff annoyed me, but because I want to support the creators!

3 Likes

Me too. Dled the app for the counter on recommendation from someone in my IOP group. Then found the forum, lurked for a solid week and searched my ass off. Been imparting my “wisdom” since.

6 Likes

Happy birthday ts and ts family :slight_smile: :balloon: being able to reach out and talk to people any time of the day has helped me tremendously in my recovery. It’s been a great run so far :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I believe God gave those in recovery the power to help heal each other…and I believe YOU @Robin gave all of us an amazing platform in which to do just that :pray:t2: Thank you!

Today is also my month-a-versary on here! :+1:t3:

6 Likes

@robin - I reached out here when I knew I needed help and had no idea how to get it. This forum has helped me change my life. There are no words eloquent enough to express my gratitude.

Happy Anniversary!

4 Likes

Happy 2nd birthday! I’ve really only been using this app a little over a month and it has helped me tremendously in conjunction with therapy and my home group. Having 24 hr access to so much worthwhile info and such a caring community is key. Isolation is the breeding ground for addictive behavior, community is the antidote. Thank you all for your help and thank you @Robin for your creation.

3 Likes

@Robin who was the second member after you? I would love like a history page or something cool like that

1 Like

That’s confidential info :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol fine. Who is your favorite member? Least favorite? C’mon we need details

3 Likes