Talking Sober's server has been upgraded

About a year ago, I migrated Talking Sober’s server to a new hosting provider and I also increased the resources for it.

Back then we were a much smaller community and I honestly thought that the server would be enough for the foreseeable future. As we grew, the forum hosted more and more posts and users. Things were getting pretty tight and the server’s resources were running at 99-100% at times. This caused a few issues, but the one that was the most noticeable was issues with posting at peak times.

I ordered a server upgrade today. It’s on a high-tier performance plan now. We already have the increased processing and memory available. These are responsible for keeping the server running quickly. I’m still waiting on the increased disk space, so the server might have to be rebooted when it arrives.

Lastly, I would like to give a BIG thank you to all of our Patrons (@Patron_Tier1, @Patron_Tier2, @Patron_Tier3) for their support. Without you this upgrade would not have been possible. Thank you for helping make this community the best community out there!

11 Likes

Thank you to you @Robin! Your dedication to ensuring that Talking Sober runs smoothly and to the best of its ability so that we are able to have such a wonderful sober community is amazing. I’m so happy to be a part of this outstanding sober family and to be able to contribute to helping Talking Sober continue on! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks robin. Nice forum you have here. You will need to start clustering soon if the growth of quitters continues!

1 Like

Thank you!! I was starting to get frustrated with the way the app was running… much better now !!!

1 Like

Thank you @Robin first of all for creating this app and thank you for the upgrade. :slight_smile::slight_smile::blush::blush:

1 Like

Fabulous! Thank you so much!!

1 Like

The extra storage space has arrived and it now needs to be configured on the server. I’ll be taking the forum down tomorrow morning at 08:00 UTC to do this.

1 Like

Thanks,Robin

6 posts were split to a new topic: Forum Freezes on IPhone

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Forum Freezes on IPhone

Thank you brother this app has given me just the extra needed in my recovery. Just seeing how everyone steps up to help one another out. It definitely shows how a person coming from a world full of selfishness can become so giving. Thanks Again