Tell Me About About One Of Your Favorite Memories/ Photos Are Welcome

Love this thread!!

1 Like

August 11th, 2019. My daughter was born. This was special for many reasons, one of which was that it was a moment shared with just our children.

Our previous children were born with the ENTIRE family there (we broke a record with our 3rd for most family members present). But with Penny Layne, it was just us, very intimate.

Another reason is, Penny came after 5 miscarriages. We never thought we’d have another. It wasn’t until I became sober that the miscarriages stopped, coincidence? Not likely, alcohol abuse changes your DNA…

Anyways, this was a very special day for me.

7 Likes

You are literally glowing! Beautiful memory , thank you for sharing!

1 Like

@Dejavu Lovely family & congrats on ur wonderful :rainbow:rainbow baby!!

1 Like

Nov 1st I finally was introduced to my wife’s dad. As the family met at his resting place. And it was a great day because I was sober and could be there body soul and spirit. And be there for my wife as well.

5 Likes

Aaaawe. Pretty Penny. That is so special. The ultimate celebration. Look at that happy family. You are BLESSED girl. Im sure I dont have to tell you. Sounds like you have a lot of cheerleaders in your life. Im so happy for you.

2 Likes

Seeing someone you love SHINE, absolutely makes you feel it. Its such a powerful thing. Being proud of someone you :heart: love… seeing there accomplishments outwardly…amazing.

2 Likes

EXACTLY! That’s what I’m talking about. Love this. Suiting up & showing up. Being there in the moment… showing empathy, compassion, concern… when were drunk thats all out the window. Im just so happy for you. Keep going…

1 Like

@proofoflife yes back in the non sober days I wouldn’t have been there… or honestly wanted to be there or have even went… sad…

1 Like

My life, doing drugs with bad heart was crazy foolish and more importantly…selfish. I wasn’t thinking about my family and friends and the effects it would have on if my heart would have completely stopped while getting high.

Pic of me and Kathleen my fav cousin this was 32 years ago sadly she passed away on the 3rd Jan couldnt stop drinking i was just over 2 years sober then , fond memories ,

1 Like

Great photo… Im sure you miss her, our disease has a harsh reality. I watched my mother do the same thing.

1 Like