Tell me your favorite sober story/memory

I went to crossfit this am, my local gym is called Fithaus and it is next door to my previous favorite liquor store. In the summers all the people working out would spill out of the gym pass the liquor store, run to the lake and back to do crazy stuff like lift weights and workouts called clean & jerks and snatches​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. I would see them and feel the need to advert my eye. So bright, so strong…so not addicted to alcohol.

I AM NOW ONE OF THE CRAZY PEOPLE!

I get immense pleasure from being the person in the gym and not in the liquor store. Never thought I would take the steps to be this person. I am so proud of her, she is beautiful and her purpose is bright.

So tell me your favorite sober story/memory. I want to live through all your amazing stories too!:heart:

13 Likes

There was this one time where I got sober, and stayed sober.
That’s probably my favourite.
:+1:

10 Likes

This is the best @CapriciousCapricorn!!! You have so much courage, I am damn proud of you and look forward to celebrating you on graduation day.:woman_student:

2 Likes

@AyBee… the memory that keeps on giving​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

I like sober Laura too, she is a great cheerleader and support for many! Memories with our kids are the best. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I can totally relate to this. So thankful that I can now be present for and with my family.

3 Likes

There’s been a few but I’ll tell about the earliest. I got to the point years ago that I hated my job but didn’t dare leave because the money was very good after being there for 16 years. I also couldn’t pass a drug test if I tried going somewhere else. During the first month of sobriety, I left that job and started a new career. The salary was much lower but I no longer needed to buy my DOC so it evened out in the end. Plus I was much happier and no longer triggered by the 14 hour days. Fast forward 16 months and I’m now making the same money I was at the previous job. It was a win win!!

9 Likes

@Lisa07…Success!!! What a great story and something you did for yourself. You are awesome. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Awesome!! Keep up the good work and you know you CAN go on to higher Ed. if you choose too!

2 Likes

My 6th month soberversary. I spent it with my wife and daughter in a cabin on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We were out there for my son’s destination wedding in St. George Utah, so once the newly weds were married and on their way, we had the rest of the week to spend together. This was in marked contrast to our last vacation. We’d spent the previous Thanksgiving in the Florida Keys. It was a nice time, but I wasn’t sober. As a matter of fact, I was close to my bottom. I quit about a week later.

But 6 months of getting better at getting better later, I was sitting on the edge of the Grand Canyon at sunset, in awe of the beauty, so very thankful that the God who had created such magnificence, had given insignificant me the strength to get sober.

8 Likes

@Soundlab… OMG Matt, that sounds liked it sucked but oh such a memory!

@Yoda-Stevie What a special gift to your sober self !

1 Like

Well he is just the cutest litle guy ever, I can see why hanging out with him would be a daily dream!

Whats your business, and great job…imagine much easier to manage while sober!

1 Like

i was 4 years sober at this time paid a visit to Spain with my girlfriend of that time met aloner called max ex actor did a lot of war films in the fifties and sixties he called me my dear boy {noel Coward stuff lol] he had a gift shop in Mohacar used to sit watching the tide come in , he was 19 years sober , went up to the main town that evening to watch him and his wife sing with the Spanish choir was standing at the side when who should come past me but King Carlos gave me the nod ,lol had plenty of meetings with celebs over the decades ,

5 Likes

That is awesome! I love this! Congrats!

I wish you continued success!!! :blush::dizzy::sun_with_face::ocean:

2 Likes

What a beautiful memory! Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

I have to go with the “feels.” Credit @RosaCanDo for that term.
My child has been clean from heroine for over ten years. I’ve only been sober a year. During one of my favorite songs on my walk yesterday I broke down a cried and really felt for the first time how amazing that feels and how blessed or lucky or how miraculous that is. And the horror of my poor kid going through all that. And the release I received from finally really. Really feeling it. And here I am crying again. It’s the best thing in my sober world today. Right now again.
Thanks for letting me share.
Where’s the tissues?
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

@Dazercat…Eric, what a deep emotional and wonderful memory. I have tissue dear sir, used half of them today, but will save you some. Thank you thank you for sharig this memory, a blessing for sure to hold in your heart.

1 Like

Last summer, before my relapse in the beginning of summer holiday when me and the boys did so many awesome things together. Eat grilled cheese sandwiches and stayed up late watching kids shows. Had indoor Picnic and indoor beachdays. Showed how to skate and ride bikes and all that. It was really fun and a wonderful time.

5 Likes

@MrsOdh. Sophia, remind me how old your boys are? You are such a great mom to them and now they to have you in their court sober and in the moment♥️