Telling My story

Hi all
So my story is basically after my junior certificate in school that’s when everything started. Myself and few friends start experimenting with drugs and alcohol

As the years went on I loved to party go out for 3.or 4 days in the trot I would do this every week

It has only been maybe the last year or year and half I have completely lost it… Drinking 5 or 6 days of the week and using cocaine.

I ended up in hospitol because of cocaine use back in January of this year I managed to stay clean for 2 months but went back on it harder then ever.

Now iam using 6 or 7 days a week even after a night. Out I would be cross at myself asking what the fuck are you doing to yourself but would just go and do the same thing again. I wanted for so long to reach out about my problem but felt embarrassed or No1 woukd understand until the other day my partner pulled me on it.

Yes it was embarrassing and hard to admit I had a problem but I did and now feel a lot easier about going getting the help I need

Iam just going to take it one day at the time

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing. It’s a big step in recovery and it helps people with similar experiences know they’re not alone

3 Likes

So pleased your here reaching out for help. Addiction makes us sneaky and keeps us trapped but with help and support you can break free . It’s great u told your partner I hope he’s understanding with u … coke addiction is all in the mind so I suggest if u get any cravings u come on here and reach out someone is always about to talk to u … if there’s any meetings open near u I suggest u try na or ca so u can meet people who understand what your going through its always good to be open and honest to get as much help as possible. There’s also lots of online meetings u could try if u don’t want to go to face to face meetings.

2 Likes

Im in the same boat as you, fucking cocaine is a helluva drug and I want out of that Hell!!!

2 Likes

I agree, cocaine is a hell of a drug. It’ll completely consume you quicker than you even realize. I struggled with heavy coke use for almost two years, drained me emotionally and financially. Believe in yourself and you will be able to stop using. Best of luck to you, I believe in all of you!

1 Like