Temptation tp drink is killing me after such a horrible day

Just had an awful day with a family member being given a terminal cancer diagnosis today after feeling ill for ages ,im devastated and craving a drink bad to drown the sorrows i dont no what to do

I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve lost several people close to me over the last couple of years, it’s not easy at all.

Perhaps hitting up a meeting tonight is in order?

2 Likes

I’m very sorry. I know it is very difficult to process. But I think you know that a drink won’t make the diagnosis go away, and it won’t make you any less sad about it. Just let yourself be sad. Receive comfort from your loved ones instead.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear! Although that drunk will temporarilly drown some sorrows…tomorrow morning will be much worse and your troubles will still be there, and then you will have to gave that shame and guilt. You know what to do! Be strong :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your support , my mate called over to stay the night and to stop me from drinking ,im super fragile now just need to talk it out ,sorry to hear about yer losses and thanks for the prayers :kissing_heart: hopefully tomorrow will be easier

4 Likes

When my daughter was diagnosed with cancer at age 7, I used her illness as an excuse. When she got well, I used my fear of her getting sick again as an excuse. I’m so sorry about your family member. I know how devastated you feel. But drinking will only delay not erase that feeling. And when you come back to reality from your oblivion, the pain will be even worse. So glad you have a friend to help you through. Keep looking for positive outlets for your feelings.

4 Likes