Temptations everywhere

So it’s Friday and I’m off work tomorrow. I’m on day 4. I work in the grocery store and there is alcohol everywhere. I hate seeing people coming in buying alcohol. It’s so tempting. Just keeping reminders of how I would feel tomorrow ruining a day off with a hangover and regret. Staying strong

6 Likes

Temptations are everywhere only because the monkies on our shoulders come with us wherever we go and whisper in our ears.:monkey_face:

2 Likes

It’s great your reminding yourself of how it will feel if you did drink and all the guilt shame and anger that just feels awful and after feeling all that you have to begin all over again,you came here for a reason ,so keep following on that path you have chosen no it’s not easy but yes it’s definitely worth it ,your a strong person you’ve got to day 4 let today be whatever it maybe if ya feeling shitty go grab a few hrs down time or go for a walk ,I wish you strength and courage on your journey :muscle::muscle::pray::pray:

1 Like

something ive been doing is learning to accept the things i cant change

also im keeping in mind i am a addict alcoholic and im accepting that

because ive been practicing acceptance, im learning that temtations are going to be there but i (not cant drink because i sure as hell can. its a walk around the block away) but i wont drink because the hell i do to myself will happen and i will regret it. i regret it every.single.time.

your powerful for sticking with sobriety

rule the day girl
you got this

4 Likes

@Jane1 :point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:
This, all day and everyday!
We have to learn very quickly that these temptations are never going away and it’s how we deal with them that changes.
Well done in keeping your reasons forefront in your mind.
It’s very easy to start thinking that we are ok now.

4 Likes

Today was my first time going to the shops for some groceries, it took all my will to pass the alcohol aisle… I found myself smiling as I walked out, not one bottle of alcohol. Never in my many adult years have I ever been able to not buy the alcohol, it use to always call me!
Being able to do this small step of victory feels good, so take the positive away when the temptation come that you, yourself have the courage to say No to the temptations that will always be put in front of you.

6 Likes

So glad you are staying strong and remembering the REALITY of drinking…hangovers, regrets, anxiety, acting the fool or an asshole…total crap, why would we willingly do that to ourselves?? Waking up hangover and regret free is a great feeling…as is pride in myself and my decisions. Stay strong and focused on your health and well being. :heart:

3 Likes

Great feeling that!
That’s victory!
That’s building self confidence!
That’s being aware that we can do it!
Even though it may feel like every fibre of our being is screaming at us to buy a bottle, we can walk away smiling.
Well done you! :facepunch:

5 Likes

Jane you got this just think like this alcohol is the devil :smiling_imp::joy:

3 Likes