Temptations on the weekend

Today I have 16 days! Although this may seem big or small to some people I’ve had a really hard time with this. The temptation (especially this weekend on vacation for my brothers wedding) has been really difficult to over come. There were many times I wanted to slip shots into my drinks in secret but I over came it. How long until this over whelming feeling of temptation ease? I’m afraid I won’t be able to keep it up.

2 Likes

You did well Sarah. The trick is ODAAT. one day at a time. Today, you didn’t drink. Victory!
Plan ahead for next time. Bring your own drink. Avoid social gatherings where alcohol is present until you feel more secure in your sobriety. There’s absolutely no shame in that, I bet we all have done that as much as we needed!
You are allowed to do everything that is save and legal to keep yourself sober. Get creative!

It eases the more you replace what alcohol seemingly gave you with strenght you find in yourself. Whatever you “needed” it for, you’ll manage without. Then you won’t need it anymore.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

How long till? That’s a good question.Have no idea :slight_smile: Hopefully not long :innocent: It gets better in time.That’s the good thing :slight_smile: Keep up the good job <3. My 2 day sober here YAY!!!

4 Likes

One day at a time keep up the good work! I see my temptations as obsession, part of ocd, i have to learn how to turn the channel off, use my energy on something positive and constructive, funnel my thought process into something beneficial for my health. Just drink alot of seltzer water or take a little walk to get away from the shenanigans, re focus on the reasons why we cant drink alcohol.

1 Like