Tempted, frustrated, but still somehow sober!

It’s a long one friends…
So today is day 2 for me, almost on day 3. I woke up this morning feeling like I was on top of the world. I had a really great day with my kidlets and in laws and felt like I accomplished a lot. Then my husband came home with food… and wine. :pensive:
He told me that there was a good sale so he picked some up. I reminded him that I am really trying to leave wine behind. He responded with “I can put it away.” Great I thought… but I still know that it’s here, begging for me to drink it. Not to mention that this is one of those kind of situations where I have always had wine. Kids are away, no early morning tomorrow, eating takeout and watching tv.
My drunk mind was being relentless in telling me that I’m only on day two, another reset isn’t going to be the end of the world. Do I even have to reset? Will anyone even know? Since hubby and I are sharing, there really isn’t enough there for me to get super wasted so I wouldn’t really be hung over tomorrow. Then (thank god) my sober mind kicked in and reminded me that I don’t need it, I don’t want to reset my clock again, I don’t want to let everyone down, I am stronger than this. I remembered how awesome I felt when I woke up at 6am free and clear. I popped onto the forum and read a few posts, including my own, and decided nope. It can stay “put away” and I will be able to add another day to my clock instead of losing 2. :blush: feeling strong at this point!
Then half an hour later as we are watching a show, he runs upstairs during a commercial and returns with a full glass of wine for himself. OKAY ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!?!? I am so frustrated.
I just looked at him and said “you are seriously going to do this to me? Do you not understand how hard I am fighting right now?” Then proceeded to start crying. He passed me my water, said sorry and went upstairs to put it away.
I turned off the show and told him I was going to bed. Tonight has been hard. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

1 Like

Thanks @Bill_Phillips!

1 Like