Tests and things ~

I got my SCRAM device off today after 68 days, which means I’m not being checked every half hour for alcohol in my sweat/my GPS location at all times.
I went to go shopping for clothes and things I needed for my inpatient stay tomorrow. I learned that they only UA for drugs upon arrival and administer a breathalyzer. I kept meandering back to the booze aisle. I picked up a bottle and put it back down. I did this a few times. Eventually I left it where I found it.
This has been my first time ~in the wild~ and the first test of myself in a situation where I knew I could “get away with” drinking.
It was hard, but I’m happy to say I passed. I told myself “I don’t want this, because I don’t drink.”
Going strong at 75 days today, and I’ll be sure to check in after my 30 days in treatment.
Love you all. :black_heart:

13 Likes

Good for you! :partying_face: You should feel happy about that. Keep it up - one day, one moment, one decision at a time :innocent:

1 Like

For me…whenever I have that feeling I remind myself that the only one im fooling is myself.

Thanks for da post.

1 Like

Good for you! And each time u do resist, it becomes easier the next time. Good luck with ur treatment!

1 Like

Thank you for all the kind words :black_heart: I really appreciate the support! I’m excited to get more tools and insights to become stronger in my conviction n dedication to staying sober.

Best of luck with your inpatient!
Be proud of the strength you just showed within you!

1 Like

So happy and proud of u. You definitely did the right thing putting down the drink and walking away . Good luck with your next part of your journey xx

1 Like

That’s the way!

There are plenty of times we could “get away with it”, but at the end of the day – we must sit with ourselves, and WE know that we messed up. We know that we folded and gave in. That’s holding yourself accountable.

But today, you didn’t! Today you’ve made the right choice, and you can close your eyes tonight knowing that. Tomorrow morning you will be glad to awaken with a clear head and hangover-free.
Nice work

3 Likes