Thank God it’s Friday!

I’m so thankful it’s Friday…… going to another meeting after work this evening. I’m so glad I found them in my community. It’s so much easier to go and lean on people that face the same struggles as I do everyday. This week has been testing and although yesterday my mind was consumed by the idea that using would make me feel better, I’m so greatful I didn’t give in to that side of me. When the going gets tough I usually fall back into self destructive patterns but with my new found sobriety I have been pushing myself to be better and do better. I’m getting back to the me I was before drugs and drinks. I’m slowly learning to love my craft projects again without needing “creative inspiration” which usually just came from substances. I’m more than my addictions and I’m falling in love with myself all over again. I’m blessed to have found this forum and I’m also blessed to have received so much support. Today makes my 6th day completely sober. I know I have done the work so far, but without reading others posts and stories I wouldn’t have made it this far. Thank you all, just for today I can get through it. Tomorrow is a new day and one I’ll be fortunate enough to live sober.

9 Likes

Congratulations on your 6 days Shae. :clap::clap::clap:
We are all definitely stronger together.
ODAAT.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Shae! Good to see you here :hugs:
There’s a friday check-in thread, if you want to join :blush:
https://talkingsober.com/t/friday-thread-2/71290?u=erntedank