Thank God pot is not addictive!

.20 characters…jakl;fsojid

25 Likes

Cool Kevin, glad she is on board. It will be nice to be able to express what each of you are experiencing as it happens.

Wish you both happiness and freedom
:pray::heart::pray:

1 Like

I have been ingesting thc for a little bit now. The lesser of the evils. 6 months drink free. Thanks for your honesty. I will follow your progress this month.

1 Like

Interesting, reading what you’ve written. Nice that you’re both able to look at it as you have and come to a conclusion together with a plan.

1 Like

I never had a hard time quitting weed and I would smoke for years, then all the sudden just quit for months. Some people have more of a problem quitting it, guess it’s like everything else everyone is wired different. Good luck

2 Likes

I smoked huge amounts in my teens and twenties. After that it slowly petered out over two decades, smoking less, not smoking, smoking again and finally totally quitting along with cigarettes close to six years ago. Looking back I was a total addict, although crazy enough as I see it now I never saw it that way before I finally totally quit.

5 Likes

Enjoy your Father’s day weekend with your littles. You’re a great dad!

1 Like

Have a great sober and clean weekend Kevin. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it together with those who love you most and who you love the most.

1 Like

I know exactly what you’re talking about, Kev. I started with some cbd in my tea to calm my anxiety a while back then started smoking my wax pen before bed. I use it occasionally but honestly I don’t like the dazed and confused feeling I get when I wake up-The sober feeling in the morning is the best feeling! So glad you and your wife are on the same page and thank you for sharing your experience with this-much appreciated. Each day it will get easier-you know you best! And happy Father’s Day to you…enjoy your weekend with your beautiful family! :relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Kevin. Funny how I was about to write an answer to your last paragraph but actually you give the answer yourself. DOC’s are all very personal. And who’s to say beating a physical addiction is harder than one that’s all in the mind? Maybe the opposite is true. While not taking anything away from opiate addicts going cold turkey. I know that’s hell.
But still. Quitting nicotine (another of those addictions I feel people are feeling silly to talk about) was pretty tough physically for maybe two weeks for me. Lots of physical withdrawal effects. But I knew what was happening and dealt with it. The cravings and urges that came after that, cravings and urges that persisted for months if not years after that were all in the mind and mainly born out of habit. Not physical addictions. And so many folks relapse because of those. It’s not silly. Thanks again. I’m glad you’re doing this and that you see how good it is what you’re doing. Your road.

3 Likes

Drug of Choice. I’m not sure if there is one but if not that would be a good thread.

1 Like