Thank you to Everyone

Hello to everyone in this community. I have been reading all of your posts the last two months or so and relating to so many different experiences of my own. I am at 40 days sober and crushed my last record of 25 and I credit it to downloading this app and reading the threads in this forum. I want to say thank you to everyone of you that has the courage to post such personal information in hopes of helping others. I am doing the same now. At 40 days I am still a rookie, but a few things I want to share i’ve learned over time with trial and error and will post below…i am 37 and first got drunk 1mo before my 17th bday. I loved it ever since. I am a binge drinker. Going 10,12, 20 days without drinking is common for me, as is drinking/eating nothing but liquor for 2 ,3, 4 days straight is a 50/50 chance when I decide to “unwind” i grew up with a hardnosed father and my mother died my first day of college after being in a coma for 6wks in the hospital, admitted from liver and kidney failure from 10yrs of everyday stagger induced hard alcohol drinking. As I fallen on my face trying to quit and somehow managing to keep my wife n family after they have seen me sooooo many times out of my mind I want to share a few things that have helped me reach my current stretch…#1 DOWN LOAD THIS APP AND READ THE CONTENT! #2 never quit quitting…meaning if u have a real desire to cut back or stop completely, then when you backslide, get back up and try again. don’t be discouraged. U will get stronger and stronger. You don’t bust out 200 push-ups day one at the gym. Mental exercise is the same as physical exercise. It takes time to build up your strength in both forms. #2 remember there are alot of other things that bring u joy other than alcohol. For me, a father of two whose world revolves around those kids, I am honest in that the rush alcohol gives me is what pleases me most. #3…I never look at quitting like “I will never drink again” for me, the thought was too overwhelming. I simplified way down to “I’m just taking a break” and seeing how long I can make that break. Again, from the bottom of my heart I thank everyone here for sharing and caring for your fellow man and woman Best of wishes to all of u. Contact me at will if necessary. Thank you!!!

7 Likes