Thank you- :)

Going on day 5. Bad cravings. Bought drinks. Brought it home. Poured in cup and placed on counter. I immediately turned on TV, made a flavored water and started making dinner, while reading posts on this group. 5 mins later I dumped all drinks down the drain and gave myself a pat on the back for not giving in. Gained strength from this group.

17 Likes

Good for you @abkb! You deserve that pat on the back. So happy you realized it was a bad idea and dumped it. You are amazingly strong! Keep up the good work. :hugs:

2 Likes

Im on day 3. Dump it down the drain. Youve come this far!!! You got this!

2 Likes

Thanks! After 14 years… this is huge for me!

Wow! This is amazing! Can you feel how close you were to fail and you didn’t?! So well done!

But now you need to work on what to do when such thinking will come again. Why did you have the taste? What brought the feeling that you want to drink again, after you have decided not to drink anymore? What is your brain telling you when you feel like you want to drink and what is the reason why you eventually don’t?
Questiong myself and look for reasons deep inside me is the only thing which keeps me save when random temptaion comes. I need to understand, not to fight it.

2 Likes

Thank you. Good insight on what i need to work on. Usually when alone, I have a strong urge to drink. I like feeling the buzz after a drink or two or three or four. Thank goodness I didnt take a sip last night and just poured it out instead. I’m a binge drinker and always feel miserable afterwards in all ways. The past 5 days I’ve been experiencing withdrawal. With this experience of withdrawal that is what made me not want to take a sip. Also, I want to be healthy for myself and family. I lost myself and want to find myself again.

1 Like

Keep it up, its hard work to free ourselves from addiction but it has been infinitely worth it for me!

2 Likes

Thank you! I have tried numerous times in the past to stay sober. I had 52 days at one point. It was a struggle for sure, but felt amazing at the same time. I fell pretty hard on the 53rd day and dove quickly into a deep hole. I now learned what my weaknesses and strengths are. Each day brings new challenges, of course, but knowing what I know now about myself I feel confident I have the strength to continue to be sober. I dont have all the tools in my belt to fight the struggles but I have a solid foundation to start. I think the biggest thing for me is not beating myself up and to think positive regardless the situation. Each day is a new day. Nothing better than waking up refreshed.

Well done you for pouring it away! :clap: you are doing an amazing job on your sobriety! You’re an inspiration to me friend :two_hearts::pray:t2:

1 Like

You took the important step: you said “no” to the drink that matters…the first drink.

1 Like