The 2 Mel's New Goal and Accountability Log

I have smoked my last one tonight, riding this wave of positivity I am on. Will keep you posted.

2 Likes

Glutamine-incredible stuff!

Yesā€¦L-glutamine has amazing benefits. Iā€™ll be doing maca root powder starting this weekend to help with energy levels. Itā€™s 6:30 pm and I still have 5 cigarettes left. I bought some blow pops and tootsie roll pops today to fill in the gaps.

1 Like

@Melrm, My goal is being able to get up out of bed every day. And to not be a whiner and complainer, to be grateful for being sober and able to breathe and to swallow without my heart stopping just simple things that everybody else takes for granted.

I am very sick with an autoimmune disease that leaves me in a lot of pain. I also have a cranial nerve disorder with my tenth cranial nerve, which is your tenth cranial nerve, which is your vagal nerve which I have a pacemaker for, everytime I swallow food my heart stops for up to 22 seconds. I suffer from severe migraines for up to 13 days a month. I sleep probably about 92 hours every 5 days, not because I wanting, believe me I wish I had control of that but I donā€™t. Iam unable to function like most people. Because of the autoimmune disease, Iā€™m on a very special diet itā€™s called AIP it very strict. Iā€™m not able to eat anything that has gluten, eggs, dairy, nuts, beans, seed or anything with seed in it, or any animal that has eaten any of these things. So see I am a good example of what alcohol and drugs can do to someone.

So see thatā€™s why I get so upset when people say I canā€™t stop! I have no control thereā€™s a lot of things in life Iā€™ve had to give up. In order to just live. And believe me Iā€™m not complaining its just a fact of life. You have to believe and know when God puts you in bed and give you a heart rate of 30 beats a minute. And you literally see the angels standing and feel them sitting on your bed,they are there and waiting for you to die.

Your life changes and you know you can do anything when youā€™re ready for death you can change your life. Iā€™m sorry for ramblingā€¦ anyway howā€™d you do that how to get me to open up like that SMH.:astonished:

2 Likes

It happens all the time. People open up to me. :relieved: God gave me this gift and for that I am grateful. Thank you @lizak and I feel blessed to have you among us.

2 Likes

None for me today and itā€™s lunch time. Iā€™m anxious about my relationship, had a few cravings but resisting with my nicotine substitute. I want to stop it too but at least no cigarettes.

What other goal are you referring to, if you donā€™t mind me asking? I donā€™t understand the relationship part.

My goals, staying sober, stopping smoking, seeking forgiveness from my partner for my behaviour.

1 Like

Stopping nicotine substitute is what I meant

1 Like

Sorry about that, I just read your post. Now, I get it.

I quit smoking on Jan 10, 2014. Cold turkey. How to quit smoking? You do it for yourself. No one else. You have/need to be committed. @Melrm Want it. Quit smoking app - Breathe Freely.

1 Like

We can do this @Melrm and everyone else!!!

Day 3- 8 cigs

Well, I woke up in the middle of the night and was craving hard, so I started the morning off with 7 cigs. I delayed my first cig as long as possible and then only smoked half. I wrote in my journal for awhile and played the game I play on my phone , which will be my next addiction to kick because it sucks time away, but for right now itā€™s helpful. Just had a whole cig, so now Iā€™m down to 5 and a half. I need two for my drive to and from work, then the rest for when I get home. Gotta just stay busy and distract myself. Also, need to pack many snacks and lollipops for work. Iā€™m feeling confident, but I know the hard part hasnā€™t started yet. But like I said, we can do this!

1 Like

@Melrm, I got the perfect solution for rashing the cigarettes, is easy cut them in half, :scissors::dagger:take the filter and take super glueā€‹:droplet: them to the ends. That way you wonā€™t have to worry about having enough cigarettesā€‹:skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones: that way they will last you. Problem solvedā€‹:clown_face::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::purple_heart::purple_heart::hugs::scissors:next problem?

So now Iā€™m feeling like a cigarette. Should I cut down rather than cold turkey?

Iā€™d punch someone in the f#&!ING throat right now if I went cold turkey. Iā€™ve had 3 so far :expressionless:

1 Like

Now @Melrm, itā€™s just a cigarette. You donā€™t want to punch someone in the throat. Youā€™re funny Iā€™m laughing at you just so you know. Iā€™ll have to send you some hearts but, I canā€™t Iā€™m out of them again thatā€™s three times this morning! Just so you know Iā€™m crying and laughing at the same time!:heart::heart::heart::heart::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m using a vapour pen, as I had no patches. Trying to minimise the use though. Two x 5 puffs today. Feeling better now

4 Likes

You laughing is making me laugh :laughing:

1 Like

@Melrm, So if youā€™re laughing does that mean youā€™re not smoking? ? If so that means my plan is working.
So if thatā€™s working how many cigarettes are you missing? laughing my butt off :joy::joy::joy:Thereā€™s that word butt cigarette buttā€‹:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::hugs::heart:. Yes Iā€™m having fun at your expense but think about all the money youā€™re saving while Iā€™m having fun with your buttsā€‹:hugs:

2 Likes

@MelB, no we are using distraction keep @Melrm, fingers :point_up_2::v::crossed_fingers::vulcan_salute::point_right::point_left::point_down:busy on the keyboard and her brain :dancing_women:šŸ¤·:tipping_hand_woman::ok_woman::pouting_woman::frowning_woman::massage_woman:preoccupied.:hugs::heart:

1 Like