The 2 Mel's New Goal and Accountability Log

I don’t smell of smoke today, I chain smoked my last 6 yesterday to get rid of them and it was horrible. Had my 3rd vapour pen x 5 just now. Patches bought and on tomorrow. Feeling better for it already.

2 Likes

On the app, tell them Spock semt you.

1 Like

@Daithi, isn’t that AWESOME :tada::ribbon::confetti_ball::hugs:

Yes I have made it through day 1 :grinning:

3 Likes

Great job, I knew you could do it I had faith in you!:tada::confetti_ball::hugs::heart:

@MelB, PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I beg you for forgiveness please! I don’t have a mojo on his knees, or I would send you one. My heart is broke​:broken_heart: because I forgot you​:innocent::kissing_smiling_eyes::kissing_smiling_eyes::hugs::hugs::hugs::heart::heart::heart::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday: offering you cake and ice cream​:ice_cream::icecream: that’s all I have at this distants. I beg for mercy. Good night @MelB I hope you sleep well, an extra prayer just for you it will have no one else in it but you I promise​:innocent::innocent::innocent:

2 Likes

@MelB, REMEMBER I LOVE YoU TOO​:heart::heart::heart::heart:. And am very thinkful for you.

1 Like

@MelB, @Melrm am so glad that you two are making me accountable for my actions today. But one action I don’t have to be accountable for today is drinking and using. And I couldn’t have done that without the two of you Thank you both​:heart::heart::heart::hugs:

2 Likes

Do you have a vapour pen? I only used mine 4 times x 5 puffs yesterday. Had one bad craving but it fixed that.

Today I am aiming for 4 x 4 puffs but I have a busy day so might get a little stressed lol.

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Put it in a drawer and only go for it when you feel you really need to. Out of sight out of mind.

1 Like

That’s a good idea @Daithi. I’m not letting myself smoke at work and leaving my smokes in the car really helped!

1 Like

Day 4: 7 cigs
So, I went over by 1 yesterday. I’m not dealing with stress very well. I use smoking as an excuse to relax which I know it doesn’t. It’s almost 8 am and I haven’t had a cigarette yet. I did a hypnosis that @MelB sent me which was awesome. I slept pretty well. Going to keep doing some type of meditation or hypnosis every night. This process isn’t fun but I’m grateful to have people with me on this journey.

3 Likes

I just had one :sob: forgot my vapour pen and it got too much

1 Like

But only one, it’s better than the 20 I had 2 days ago #lookonthebrightside

I think I might be trying to do too much at once

That’s probably it. We can’t beat ourselves up. This is very hard. Go easy. We strive for progress, not perfection. I was smoking up to a pack a day also. Today I’ve only had 1 so far. That’s why we support eachother. Punishment doesn’t get results but love does.

1 Like

Day 5: 6 cigs
Yesterday proved rather difficult. I went over my alloted amount. I had family come into town and then received some sad news. A little stressful to say the least. I’ll do my best today. Also, started the maca root powder this morning (@louwho) :wink: Feeling a bit emotionally exhausted but otherwise upbeat.

3 Likes

I quit cold turkey as well. It definitely helped that I started dating my boyfriend who didn’t smoke so it made it alot easier to quit. I also used sunflower seeds to help distract me and keep busy!

5 Likes

I just ordered sunflower seeds in bulk from Amazon! Annnnnddd the next addiction I will be quitting is buying stuff from Amazon lol. Even tho they are cheaper and deliver, so it’s kind of a win win. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I managed to not smoke yesterday, had 4 x 5 puffs of my vapour pen.

I think that’s why I was feeling anxious last night as well as my meeting with my bf. He doesn’t smoke either, so I’m avoiding cigarettes this weekend and will have to use the vapour pen which should hopefully help.

Have a great day everyone x

3 Likes

This thread is awesome! Smoking is a hard one. I won’t buy my own pack, but the temptation to bum one off someone else will always be there. My first husband smoked like a fiend and the worst habit I got from him was joining in and getting hooked myself. And that was well over 10 years ago!

I’m glad you are making steps to quit this one as well. Go @Melrm and @MelB! :smile:

4 Likes