The 2 Mel's New Goal and Accountability Log

Hi @Melrm @MelB and others who are taking this quit smoking journey… I am on 53 days of quitting smoking… And here are a few things that helped me…
I did tons of research and video watching…
Why quit. Com, has a ton of videos starting with prequit and follows you through your journey. Also
Allen Carr’s video on YouTube is a must watch.

Also I have quit many times but this time I went cold turkey… And I found once I got through the first three days and all nicotine was out of my system I did really well…

I is very doable… Just be prepared…

4 Likes

Thanks @Elisabeth and @Miki33 for your support and advice.

Just having my 3Rd x5 vapes today. Not as bad today. Lungs feel clearer. Nicotine patches start on Monday.

The dreams are weird yes, I just had a nap and was dreaming my bf was talking to someone called Raymond on the phone about a cat. We don’t know a Raymond and don’t have a cat lol.

1 Like

Lmao :laughing:

@MelB and @Melrm
Come on girls you can do it!! A super hug and a lot of kisses, I love your positive energy. :kissing_heart: for both.

3 Likes

Small tips:
Clean your houses, curtains, bed, armchair … and the car, the smell would remind you of the tobacco.
If you smoke, it is outside the house and if you can clean your hands and brush your teeth, I got it, and this helped me a lot. When you have had time without smoking, the smell of tobacco will bother you and you will smell it 5 miles away. A hug.
I’m sorry I do not know how to speak English well, maybe some words are bad, Spanish if I get it right …Un abrazo chicas, que tengáis un día precioso.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips @Juli!!!

1 Like

If it helps you can have more than one counter on this app. Some people find actually seeing the number of days motivational. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Thanks! I do use this app as well as two others for counters! I’m not messing around lol!!! :wink:

1 Like

Gracias @Juli. Tu inglés está perfectamente bien. Abrazos a ti también.

2 Likes

Day 7: Total bust.
I have been listening to the Allen Carr audio book. I didn’t count or even try. Total chaos going on with family and I had a “f#/& it” attitude. Then I beat myself up over it which is like old behavior and backsliding for me. :unamused::expressionless:

Day 8: 3 cigarettes was the original plan.
I’m going to have to go cold turkey and just walk through it. The cutting back is not working. I feel like a crazy woman and need some time alone. I find myself not eating, not getting quality sleep, or putting myself first lately. So out of HALT, I’m firing on 3 dangerous cylinders, which is no bueno for my sobriety. Talking it out with my Sisters seems to help me the most. I apologize if I come across as being negative. Just feeling frustrated in the moment. This too shall pass.
I’m proud of you @MelB MelB

5 Likes

You can do this @Melrm! So what that it didn’t go as planned, just don’t give up trying!! I feel like listening to the book while asleep made it get deep inside of my brain lol.

3 Likes

Whispers “You are a beautiful unicorn. You are a beautiful non-smoking unicorn”

5 Likes

I’ve had a stressful day and could murder a cigarette, but I will just have to make do with my vapour pen :rage:

5 Likes

Oh no!! Hang in there @Daithi!!!

2 Likes

Great thread! I smoked for 10 years, quit cold turkey many years ago, after many attempts.

For me, the various security blanket things (gum, sunfloers seeds etc) were useless in themselves. I tried them all but always went back to smoking.
What I most needed to do was change my whole mindset. When I thought, " i need a cigarette, "instead think, “i dont need or want a cigarette; i dont like poisoning myself, I dont like blackening my lungs, I dont want an asthma attack, I dont fancy lung cancer.” It was key to start thinking of myself as a non smoker, and to get away from the selfpity and sense of deprivation. You dont need or want a cigarette. They’re smelly and nasty and expensive.
You want healthy, clean lungs. You care about yourself, your family, your best life. You are a non smoker.

4 Likes

I’ve made the fearful decision to go cold turkey on the 25th. I’m not backing out of my obligation with you fine folks. I’ve cut back dramatically but that’s not good enough. I’m tired of struggling and letting this rule over me. This is a giant monster in my way and I’m going into battle. I’m really needing to work on my attitude towards this. I’m in the stage where I feel like I’m about to lose a friend instead of saying good riddance to someone toxic. I’ve got homework to do.
Congrats you beautiful unicorn @MelB
I’m proud of you @Daithi

5 Likes

Rationally I know all the beautiful benefits. The addict side hasn’t got this message yet. I’m going to write it a letter and tell it how it’s going to be. :wink:

4 Likes

Sisters, I am SO PROUD of you!!! Keep it up, you can and will do it!

5 Likes

@MelB, Did you try the rubber band on the wrist and every time you want one snap it. I no when I was in rehab they use that for cravings and it seemed to have worked for a lot of people. And don’t forget your higher power he’ll help you too. I’m praying for you, and remember that God’s walking beside you.:hugs::heart:

2 Likes