The beginning, sponsor?

Today is only my second day sober. Soon I start my outpatient rehab. These first few days I’ve been told are the hardest. But I got this, I can do this. I’m looking for someone that’s been sober for awhile to talk to, in a way like a sponsor.

2 Likes

I remember counting sobriety by the hours for quite a while when I first got sober. The first days are tough. Expect to feel physically and emotionally all over the place. My advice is to fully show up at your rehab. I heard someone once compare getting sober to robbing a bank. “If you are going to do it, go all in. Don’t just get the small change. If you are going for it, take the big money and then get the safe.” With sobriety, use every tool you have available. Be totally honest with your counselors - and yourself. When you are not there, rest as much as you can and eat well if you can keep food down. ( I could not for about three days). This forum is a wealth of good information,support, and collective wisdom of some excellent folks with some solid sobriety. For me, a recovery program in addition was crucial. You will probably hear more about that in rehab.

You can do this. It’s not easy, but the benefits, man…the benefits are unthinkable.

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like