The cost of just one

I just got home from a funeral. A family member of Ms. Monkeys died this week.

He had a really bad day. His wife got pissed off at him and left the house. He decided to walk down to the basement. Just one joint to take the edge off the shity day.

What he didnt know was that the Marijuana was laced with fentanyl.

Just one joint and now he is gone.

I witnessed a lot of tears and sadness today…because of just one.

It doesn’t matter what the DOC is, just 1 can be your last.

Stay sober friends. Relapse DOES NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN. Relapse is a choice.

43 Likes

omg that is awful, so sorry for your loss, DOC ??

2 Likes

Drug of choice

2 Likes

His? Marijuana

3 Likes

That is simply tragic. I’m sorry this happened. Your words are powerful. Let’s not forget.

4 Likes

Very tragic! Sorry for your loss. Sending love to you and Ms Monkey. :heart:
We’ve lost a few friends that same way. Just one of anything could be the last. Thanks for the reminder. I know I have a relapse in me but I’m not guaranteed another recovery.

7 Likes

I honestly believe that I do not have another recovery in me. This recovery is my chance.

17 Likes

Their are only so many chances we get, could be the first relapse could be the 100th but it will get you in the end, there is no winning with any drug.

4 Likes

I am SO sorry about the loss of ur wifes family member :frowning: how devastating!
I completely agree with you in the relapse doesnt have to happen. I find that at times some people normalize relapse as apart of recovery and trying to get clean/sober. Relapse is common, dont get me wrong (i was a chronic relapser). But we literally risk our lives (no matter the substance) every time we pick up. I know in my heart and soul that i dont have another recovery in me. I just feel it. Wishing u and ur wife healing during this hard time

8 Likes

That’s so f’ing heartbreaking. I’m so incredibly sorry. I had heard rumors about joints getting laced with fentanyl. Incredibly scary to hear that’s true.

6 Likes

I am truly sorry for this loss. It is an excellent reminder of why choosing sobriety is the only way forward for us. Sending hugs to your family and strength to all those struggling.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that man. Condolences

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for your condolences.

5 Likes

This is so tragic.

And who the actual fuck laces pot with fentanyl?
That’s some bullshit of the highest order.
Dealer should get a murder charge.

8 Likes

Tragic. Condolences for all.
In this case narcan would not have helped most likely because it sounds like he was alone.
Everybody needs to have Narcan around. If you use it on somebody who doesn’t need it, it will not hurt them.
I guess for the pot smokers it’s good that it’s getting legal so many places where they can grow it themselves.
Note: do not take random pills. Do not take random drugs. Do not smoke random pot. Educate your friends and family that they can be a dead victim of a tiny tiny little bit of fentanyl. Obviously abstinence is the best.
I hope the tragic news is broadcast and that people will listen.
There was a recent article about how there was enough fentanyl in the United States to kill everyone in the United States. I’m not surprised about that because it’s such a teensy small amount that kills.
I’m so sorry that your family was affected and that he died unknowingly.

9 Likes

My condolences to you and your family. What a sad reminder that death is always around the corner when people are using.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this :people_hugging:
:pray: For Ms.monkey and you :pray:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. Thank you for sharing this tragic lesson.

2 Likes

Man, what a stark reminder…using just ONE time may be the last thing we ever do. So sorry for the loss of a loved one for you and Ms. Monkey. :heart:

3 Likes

Relapse is a choice. Thank you, Thirdmonkey.

1 Like