Case Files from my Clinic

I also carry a knife for emergency stabb… I mean surgery

2 Likes

I’m going to need you to meet me half way between our houses, twice a week. My left leg likes to make itself shorter than the right, and that sends shooting pain into my lower back, basically every time I move.

3 Likes

Lol I suffer from muscle spasms, too. I have yet to find people to do my bodywork for me. I used to see my chiro twice a week, and massage every other week.

1 Like

I’m trying chamomile tea tonight for my muscles, going to try to remember to do it nightly as it’s a natural muscle relaxant I learned this evening. Will let you know how it goes! I knew it made you sleepy but had no idea on the muscles.

Edit: Do you take any magnesium? That can help a lot I’m finding!

2 Likes

Booo! My right is shorter than my left🙄.

1 Like

Are you my height? Maybe we can do a leg transplant. Tradesies.

If you are 6’1” it’s a deal, sister!:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Daaaamn. You need a lot more leg than I have to offer. I’m 4’10". :no_mouth:

1 Like

Super little. :joy:

1 Like

@DungeonMaster

I was involved in a rta aged 15, passenger. Missed out on a lot growing up. Nasty crash, car rolled several times. 1 fatality. I sometimes think its why I am like the way I am today. Could I suffer from ptsd for 16 years? Never had counselling…

1 Like

I think the worse that happened to me is I lost my shoe its a miracle that so many of us survived. Some were a bit worse off, still unfortunate about the death of the young guy he would of being in his 40’s now.

Thanks for your advice

1 Like

Hey @DungeonMaster Have you ever had a patient with DISH? Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis? My chiropractor just diagnosed me with this.

1 Like

Hey Doc I had a well documented fall over a year ago @Meggers where I am sure I fractured my coccyx. This area is still painful when sitting.

I believe this is a chronic issue for which there is no cure. What are your opinions on such a injury

1 Like

Awww that’s so cool, bless them all :two_hearts:

1 Like

Such good news! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Nice thread idea, by the way.

So I’ve been wondering about this for a while, and maybe you have some thoughts. One of my legs is shorter than the other, it’s been that way as long as I can remember. There’s enough of a difference that one leg is always obviously more developed and stronger than the other (people point it out when I wear shorts), but not so much that I’ve ever been functionally impaired in any noticeable way. The difference is also visible if I line up my pelvis to be level with the ground while standing — one heel does not reach the ground unless I let my pelvis tilt to one side.

So my question is, when strength training, what would it mean for me to train them evenly or in an balanced manner? One side is capable of considerably more than the other.

1. I could train each to their potential, and strengthen both at their own individual paces. But I’m concerned doing this could create an unstable imbalance and cause problems.
  2. I could do the same exercises on each side, the strong leg not really getting any stronger, and the strength gap between the two legs will diminish. But with different leg lengths, they legitimately have slightly different jobs to do, and it does make sense for one to stay stronger than the other because it just bears more weight. So this might not be good either.
  3. I could avoid too many single-leg exercises and put all the focus into exercises that use both legs in parallel, especially compound exercises. This rules out some things, but my body will just adapt both sides of my body to in whatever amounts needed in order to handle the load. Basically just letting it automatically balance itself out.

I’m thinking #3 but I’ve never formally studied any of this kind of thing.

1 Like

This is good to know. Thanks. Because it’s never impacted me before, I never thought it was something I needed to address outside of intense or unusual physical activity, so I’ve never mentioned it to a doctor. But it sounds like I should get on top of it now. I’ll get it checked out.

1 Like

It’s totally out of sight, out of mind for me. Even aside from pain (which I’ve never had from this), there’s not much to indicate a problem. The only time the imbalance ever comes on my radar is if someone points out my leg muscles, or with specific exercises that I basically never do. I can even hike, play volleyball, dance, all day long and there’s never any hint of abnormality. No teammate or PE teacher has ever remarked on me doing anything asymmetrically. I hadn’t given it real thought for years, until I started this exercise thing recently, with stuff like lunges, noticing how quickly one leg tired compared to the other.

But the fact it’s so latent gives me hope that it’s minor and hasn’t done anything irreversible. I don’t wanna have a worn-out kinked up spine before I turn 30! :grimacing:

1 Like

Thoughts on when hubby carries our 4 year old by the ankles? Or wrists? Bad for joints?

1 Like

Horrible headache. Lay down it’s so so. Stand up and I can’t function. Shoulders in knots. Everything cracks in my neck. Probably stress. Been a bad week. But still sober.

1 Like